Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 08:32PM

My mom ended up going to watch the broadcast in another stake today, & I just got off the phone with her about dinner & when she was going to be home tonight.

Anyway, she had to tell me all about people she ran into that used to be in our old ward at different times. Like I would be interested. I can see that she was trying to get me excited about church bs. The fact is that these people were not my friends. I didn't socialize with them, & I actually barely knew them.

She really thinks that I'm going to go back to a cult that's bigoted, racist, homophobic, misogynistic/sexist, anti-sexual, anti-intellectual, anti-truth, anti-science, anti-history, & anti-arts & humanities.

I'm sorry, but I would be fucking embarrassed to be involved with any type of organization like that.

In fact, I was embarrassed to death when I was still in the cult!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 08:34PM

I fully expect to see a lot of mormon trolls here now.

Posted by: rusty123 ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 08:42PM

As a TBM I never liked the missionary work talks because my non member friends already knew about polygamy, racism, and all the jazz. And since the church has no good answers to it, the only thing left was "I don't know why, but come to church maybe you'll feel something"

Blah glad to be done with that. No longer have to look like an ignorant idiot in front of people.

Posted by: lastofthewine ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 08:43PM

"She really thinks that I'm going to go back to a cult that's bigoted, racist, homophobic, misogynistic/sexist, anti-sexual, anti-intellectual, anti-truth, anti-science, anti-history, & anti-arts & humanities."

Add boring as hell and it's a perfect summation.

Cheers!

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 09:30PM

Why do you think they're falling asleep in church, can't wait to get home or onto other things in their day, or skip out early, sometimes even just after the sacrament has been passed. They may believe that the cult is true, but it bores the shit out of them.

Posted by: passing through ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 09:00PM

Ok, I am definitely going to print out those bug-off cards that were posted here a while ago. I am already nauseated at the thought of more smiling morgbots I have never met popping up at my door unannounced.

The nerve of these people...trying to lure us back to a racist, misogynist, homophobic, thought reforming, expensive, abusive, pointless, insular, narrow-minded cult founded by a pedophilic philandering con artist who plagiarized pseudoscientific literature and the methods and teachings of other contemporary whacko zealots.

Time to write the letter. My MIL has threatened to disconnect from husband and I if either of us went so far as to resign. We thought we'd just wait until she hied up unto Kolob before removing our names so as to avoid big family awkwardness, but that could be 20-30 more years. If they harass me just one more freaking time, I am going to write that letter, and when I get my confirmation I'm going to have it framed and sent to her as a present.

Posted by: Deja Vue ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 09:38PM

Posted by: topping ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 01:01AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.