Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 10:48PM

BACKGROIND. I emailed a resignation of all my church callings (not membership because of hurt to family) to my priesthood leader and Bishop over 3 months ago and have not attended the ward since. I told them my eyes were open and I no longer believe the church is true and cannot possibly be a hypocrite and act like I believe it is by functioning as a home teacher or priesthood leader or even regularly attending church.

We were called a few weeks ago by the Stake clerk to agree to an appointment with the a member of the Stake Pres. I told my wife I wouldn't go but would support her in any calling she was willing to accept. The Clerk said she was actually being invited to support me. Then he asked if the Bishop sent me anything yet. She said NO. That ended that conversation.

This week a member of the Stake Pres. called me and asked if I could meet with him for 1 minute Sunday morning in his office. I said I didn't have a minute (figuring it was 15 minutes one way and for a minute so I expected him to just ask his 1 minute question or bear his testimony ---- also I am an avid politico and it was during Meet the Press). The phone went deathly silent for 5-10 seconds and I figured he wasn't going to talk so I said well thanks for calling and hung up on him as if he would eventually talk.

My greatest desire in this game for me is to let my TBMs in family understand how crazy church leaders are in a crazy/false church whether they try to control, harass, or ex me. I am trying to play the harassed card now in front of them ----- multiple calls for appointments I say I am not interested in attending and threat of some documentation ------ what do they actually want me to do to keep them from calling or harassing me?

So what will they try next, can they ex me, or is this just new stake leaders trying to work with the old me versus the NEW me --- and think they can control me like normal morbots? Do you think they will leave me alone since I basically said I had no time for them? I can't say that I am a close friend of the Bishop but my wife is a close friend of his wife so I believe he will not try to harass me and is possibly telling the Stake if you have any suggestions on working/threating/harassing Stormin, YOU do it He (the bishop) will not harass or impact our wives friendship or make me an enemy as we live too close to each other to be an enemy!

Any thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 11:16PM

You are misery for them. You are who they are supposed to
contact and "fellowship" and nurture back into the fold but you
are someone who knows. That's dangerous.

Back when I was a young TBM in the 50s and 60s and 70s where
were very few people like you. Almost all inactives were "jack
mormons." People who just stopped participating but never
really thought about "truth" much. It just wasn't for them.

If someone visited them and preached to them, they just waited
it out and got on with their lives. But someone like you would
not just sit there and take it. You'd give them as good as you
got.

Life has gotten bad for those who are charged with re-activating us.

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 12:00AM

I think you are right. I was in a Bishopric or priesthood leader almost all my church life and never knew anyone that claimed they lost their testimony based on evidence it was not true or Joseph was a liar and a fraud. I would really not mind sharing what evidence I have with them but not in a church office in enemy territory. If I can get them (Stake or Ward) to my house and want to talk I will show them a lot of "evidence" I keep in a folder to remind me this is not a dream!

I think based on 3 visits and a couple calls they can now form an opinion that there are other inactives in the ward/stake that they should be concentrating on. And bothering me may make an enemy that could through funding and door to door handbills do some major carpet bombing of our ward and stake! I will probably do that eventually but now is not the time. I still believe in Jesus and the need to spread the Truth versus Lies.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.