Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 01:17AM

http://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/english/wwlt/hasten/PD50020824-member-progress-form-eng.pdf?lang=eng

I want to make sure people see this tracking form. Possibly not an alarm to you, but very corporate. There is a way to sell things professionally, and forms such as these indicate to me that one of the things Mormonism is exploring is their process.

With the use of more technology tracking, measuringm and refining the process will be greatly enhanced.

Perhaps you will notice not much about Christ or people, just ordinances, assignments, and data. Very corporate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2013 02:05AM by gentlestrength.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 01:20AM

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 02:05AM

That was apparent to me during the broadcast, that you have to take the lessons and everything. AND THEN you have to pay money! FTS.

Posted by: BOUNCED! ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 02:14AM

Notice how the very first thing that the bishop must do on his check off list is drive home the principle of TITHING! Hello, how obvious they telegraph what is most important to the Morg,

Effing cult!

Date: June 24, 2013 02:20AM

I did notice, I am glad you do too. This Mormon church is a selfish problem in the world. A drain on the communities in which it imposes.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 02:44AM

noticed that too. sickening.

Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:11AM

Sickening is right. I've never seen such a level of covert greed in my life.

They deserve much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Hey Karma, think you can get on that?

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 02:44PM

I'd say it's overt greed. It's out there in the open; they're not hiding a thing.

Posted by: not logged in (usually Duffy) ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 02:44PM

First thing I noticed too. It's all about the money and don't let anybody tell you differently.

Posted by: anon for this comment ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:09AM

Tithing, tithing, tithing, tithing, tithing, Deep breath....
Tithing! tithing, tithing, tithing, tithing, tithing, Gasp....

Get more people to give us TIThInG! We want tithing! Tithing, tithing, tithing. Come in my office. Do you pay tithing?
Do you want to lose your family forever? Give us tithing!

No wonder you're dying! You didn't give us enough tithing!
Your funeral will be about getting your family to give us TITHING!

The Church of Tithing of Latter Day Brainwashed Descendants.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:09AM

There's nothing about anyone believing the church is true, or having a testimony, either. So much for Christ and God.

This is so very COLD--just like their tithing settlement letters at Christmastime--and "corporate" (good word).

I'm going to print off a copy or two and fill it out, with my own answers (resigned, resigned, never, resigned), ready to hand to any missionary or other Mormon who comes to my door! What a perfect way to get rid of them. I will be saying, "I'm on to you."

We were and are only a number to the cult.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 12:22PM

What a GREAT idea! Just hand them the form and shut the door.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:15AM

"The bishop regularly reviews this form in ward council meetings to discuss the progress of each
new or returning member. The ward council uses the form to plan specific ways to teach and
strengthen new members from the time of their baptism and confirmation until they receive the
temple endowment. "

UUGGHHH!!!!
Just the thought of being talked about by a bunch of people, in meetings puts me off!

I would never EVER agree to being 'tracked' and then 'discussed' in meetings by a bunch of dudes who have no authority, training or knowlegde about ANYTHING!!

YIKES!

Date: June 24, 2013 12:08PM

Hopefully this form can be kept archived or available to show prospects and targets that the Mormons do target and track them as do corporations.

It is a great document for exposing the shallowness and singularity of the Mormon society.

Get tithing money into the life of people as soon as possible and then convince them somehow that it is associated with the eternal family we promise them. You can se the intertwining of the temple rituals, tithing, and temple worthiness. Get people to pay to play our silly little board game. "No Empty Chairs" in the Celestial Kingdom.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 01:28PM

The ward council around here sure knows me....Sister StillBurned's evil, anti-Mormon husband. Can only imagine what they said about me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2013 01:28PM by stillburned.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 12:19PM

As a person who was converted at a very young age, that form creeps me out! If I knew I was being herded in that manner at the age of nine or ten it would have scared me big time. And where is the part about sensitivity to family dynamics? Shouldn't there be something about interviewing the new member so as to meet THEIR emotional and physical needs rather than just spiritual (code for level of testimony) and the church's/ward's needs? Wow! Just WOW!

Posted by: calianon ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 12:29PM

members are just customers to the church or should I say corporation. There only interest is squeezing them for as much as they can.

Tithing, free organizational work, and recruiting of new customers.

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 01:35PM

This form makes me think of scientology and how they force you to spend more and more money to "make progress up the bridge."

Where is Jesus on that form?

Posted by: seutnevermo ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:08PM

Whatcha talking bout Willis? Jesus Christ is right there on the top left corner, in bold, the biggest words on the form. It's all bout Jesus.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 01:42PM

Looks like the ward gossip list to me lmao.

You know full well that when they can't get their targeted victims to comply they will start gossiping.
Nothing else left to do.

Posted by: fakemoroni ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 01:49PM

We are the Morg. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 02:19PM

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 02:31PM

With the first action item, TITHING, highlighted in yellow.

Posted by: jakers4 ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 02:39PM

Wait I thought the church was going digital. If that's true why do they still have a form you have to print and then fill out. They don't even have a PDF where you can type in the fields...

These guys are dinosaurs.

Date: June 24, 2013 02:46PM

I am so far removed from operations that paper records shock me too. I do believe one of the primary objectives of using the Internet and software for marketing will be to track and create big data for their membership and missionary efforts.

It's a focus on process and it will likely fail unless they can somehow identify a successful way to target choice prospects that create a ROI for the whole program.

Hopefully there will be speakers of truth that will share the data with those of us forced to subsidize Mormonism here in the States.

Posted by: Dawkins ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 02:49PM

Understanding that other words also mean tithing, where tithing is a qualification for that activity, there are 8 references to tithing on that one page form.

Where priesthood, temple, and endowed all equal tithing as well.

I can't believe how obvious it is to me now what the church is. It is almost disgusting. We, as missionaries, would badmouth the rich preachers and televangelists in the south, without realizing the mo church is a different side of the same cube.

"Salvation for Sale!" Anyone?

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 02:52PM

Oh ya. This one is from 2009. I think there was one before that.
It's just a way to track new or returning members to hopefully, in their view, do what they need to do to keep them learning and involved.

It's assumed they are believers, with a testimony or they wouldn't be listed on the form.

When they get to the TR interviews that will solidify their testimony on the form.

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:17PM

Just what I always hoped for! A form to track my progress, in the highly unlikely event I'd ever return. Nothing says repentance and following Christ's footsteps better than filling out yet another form and having to meet with the bishopric for each step of the way. And I get to share my progress form with so many people:

"Distribute copies as follows: (1) bishop, (2) ward mission leader, (3) assigned ward council member(s), (4) new or returning member."

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:37PM

If you haven't already done it, this is a good reason to send in your resignation. Geez Louise! If this isn't desperation, I don't know what it is.

Posted by: A ANON ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 04:17PM

+

Someone with the right software should take this form -- and then REVERSE it and make a "Mormon Recovery Tracking" form.

1) Former TBM now knows that Joseph Smith was a polygamist.

2) Former TBM now knows that 12 of his wives (or so) were concurrently married to other men.

3) Former TBM now knows that Joseph Smith lied to Emma about polygamy, and also lied to the majority of the church at the time.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Posted by: fudley ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 04:21PM

There isn't even a place for an email address of the tracked "member."
And they want to use technology in missionary work?

Posted by: Bluebonnet ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 04:55PM

and had a copy ready for the next time a vt/ht/relief society pres/etc. etc. etc. shows up on our doorstep and give them a copy lol : ) Just to let them know we are on to them... My facebook is blowing up with mormon posts and I am about ready to deleate all of the mormons.....

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 05:03PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.