Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 01:17AM

I have you in my thoughts. Even when you are not posting, you have friends here who are thinking of you. Is your aunt going to relent and let you get a kitty when you are ready?

We care and look forward to hearing from you!

(((HUGS)))

Anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:25AM

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:52AM

I'm doing well enough on the outside and trying not to dwell on the loss on the inside. You know, life flows in and out like the tide. Good flows in, then it ebbs. It's the same with grief. I'm trying to let things flow and ebb naturally and go with that.

Thanks so much for your concern and friendship.

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:51PM

Try that cure I posted on the other thread.. Drive 30-50 miles in a direction you have never travelled before.. Find a good place to eat and stay in a place of comfort, beach or motel etc..Don't forget WCG treat yourself well and enjoy life ..

{{{{WCG}}}}}

JB

Date: January 25, 2011 03:45PM

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:24PM

It was a case of I hadn't tightened (3 or 4 clicks) my gas cap the last time I got gas. Following the car manual, I made sure it was tight, and after several days (which it recommends and takes) it finally went off. It may not be your problem, but worth a try.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 03:49PM

you O2 and fuel mix.... i think.... not a big worry.... do ya gots a decent mechanic?? anyway.... keep on trucking.... trucking not Truckee...hehehe!! (its a California thang)!!

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 04:49PM

Go to Autozone, and tell them you need to hook up to their computer(handheld) to see what kind of part you need to order. It will read what went wrong. If it was a one time thing like O2 mix it will reset, and the light will turn off. If it reads sonething serious, you will know what it is and will be less likely to be taken advantage of by your mechanic.

Date: January 25, 2011 06:25PM

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:17PM

The actual check of your check engine light and the resulting print out is "FREE" at AutoZone. Sometimes it is as simple as your gas cap is not being on straight. Good luck WCG

JB

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:32PM

I saved tons of frustrations and $$$ by going there to have it checked there. Battery places will check (free) wether you need a new battry or an altenator. Also check your local High-Schools if they have auto mechanic classes. They will check your car free, including electronic checks and fix it for free if you bring in the needed part. 'Tho they're students, they work under supervision of their instructors. Good luck, WCG and condolences re Kitty. I miss my Morris. We were so close!

Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:03PM

Don't forget to check your local trade schools or community college. If they have an auto mechanic program then they will usually have free or discounted auto repairs.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 08:32PM

Great suggestion. The Autozone or O'Reilly guys have less incentive to gouge folks. I've gone this route several times with good results.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.