Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 01:37AM

I copied this off another website and was wondering if the more seasoned people here could shed some light on these and if they are really true. If so, I am now more scared of mormons than I have ever been.

here it is....

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that Jesus' death on the cross only partially saves the believer.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that that according to Anton Lavey's Satanic Bible, the demon god of the living dead is called "Mormo". Is it just a coincidence that the Mormons are so concerned with the dead?

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that on their Salt Lake City Temple they prominently display an upside-down star which is a Satanic symbol known as the Goat's head. Why?

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that they believe your Church is wrong, your Christian creeds are abomination to God, and you pastor or Priest is a hireling of Satan.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that there is salvation only in their church - all others are wrong.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that those who have been through their temples are wearing secret underwear to protect themselves from "evil". This "evil" includes non - Mormons like you.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU about their secret temple rites at all. If they did, you would spot them as non Christians immediately.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that they think "familiar spirits" are good, and that their Book of Mormon has a "familiar spirit". Leviticus 19:31 says familiar spirits defile one, and are to be avoided at all costs.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that women receive salvation only through their Mormon husbands, and must remain pregnant for all eternity.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that the Virgin Mary really wasn't a virgin at all but had sex relations with their heavenly father to produce the Mormon version of Jesus Christ

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that they believe Jesus had at least three wives and children while he was on this earth.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that the "heavenly father" they ask you to pray to with them, is really an exalted man that lives on a planet near the star base Kolob, and is not the Heavenly Father of the Bible at all.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that Jesus was really Lucifer's brother in the spirit world, and it was only due to a "heavenly council" vote that Jesus became our redeemer instead of Satan!!

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that there are over one hundred divisions in Mormonism. They conveniently "forget" this while criticizing the many denominations within the body of Christ

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that all their so- called scriptures such as the Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants, and even their official "Mormon Doctrine" statements contradict each other on MAJOR doctrinal points. The King James Bible is likewise contradicted.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that the reason the Book of Mormon has no maps is because there is not one scrap of archaeological evidence to support it!

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that the state of Utah, which is predominately Mormon, has a higher than the national average of wife-beating, child abuse, and teenage suicide.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that their prophet Joseph Smith was heavily involved in the occult when he founded Mormonism.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that that they encourage visitations from dead relatives from the "spirit world", a practice forbidden in the Bible. (Deuteronomy 18:10-12.)

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that there are many accounts of Joseph Smith's first vision besides the one they present to you, and all are different

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that their secret temple oaths are based on the Scottish Rite Masons.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that before 1978 they considered the Negro race inferior, and even one drop of Negro blood prevented a person from entering their priesthood.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that they expect Christ to return to their temple in Missouri, but they haven't built the temple He's supposed to return to, because they don't own the property. (It is owned by the "Temple Lot Mormons" who have plans of their own, and won't let the Salt Lake City group buy it).

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that they consider the Bible to be untrustworthy and full of errors.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that they believe the Archangel Michael came down to earth with several of his celestial wives, and became Adam in the garden of Eden.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that that they believe the angel Gabriel came down to earth and became Noah in the days of the flood.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that their Prophet Joseph Smith prophesied falsely many times. For example, he foretold the second coming of Christ for 1891. The Bible teaches that one false prophecy puts the prophet under death sentence. (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that their Prophet Joseph Smith did not die as a martyr as they claim, but was killed during a gun battle in which he himself killed two men and wounded a third.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU about the Mountain Meadows Massacre in which they brutally murdered an innocent wagon train of settlers, of over one hundred men, women, and most of the children, traveling through Utah.

MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that Joseph Smith taught that there were inhabitants on the moon, and Brigham Young taught there were inhabitants on the sun as well!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 01:53AM

I don't think you seriously pasted this to ask if it was true. And since the majority of people here have realized that these things are, indeed true, it's rather pointless to bring it up here.

By the way, did you know that much of what is wrong with the Mormon Church is also wrong with the "Christian" churches and that the Bible has no more real evidence (other than the validity of the geography) for its veracity? In other words -- IS IT TRUE that the Christian faith is just as bogus and the Mormon one?

Don't be a hypocrite -- apply the same standards of evidence to your own faith.

Just saying. (And that just because you cut an pasted a loooonnng post from a Christian apologists site -- I really hate that kind of passive/aggressive garbage.)

Posted by: ANON ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:07AM

um, dude, I'm an athiest and this was not off a religious site. It was off enclyclopedia dramatica. I just stumbled across it. check it out for yourself if you like, but be warned, enclyclopedia dramatica is not exactly a sane site. (think rotten.com or 4chan)
I totally agree with what you said about christianity. I think christianity and organized religion in general is messed up.
Ever since Charlamange butchered about 5000 saxons around 700 or 800 AD because they would not convert to now christianity has been nothing but a disaster of a social meme.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:55AM

k....::carry on::

Date: January 25, 2011 12:55PM

Please forgive me.

I apologize for being critical of your post. I was posting with insufficient sleep and far too sufficient irritablility level. I was a jerk and I apologize.

That being said, even re-reading it now with sleep and less irritability, it still seems like a rant on why Mormons are not Christian more than anything else. Personally, I like to focus on the actual harm the teachings of the Mormon Church do to people -- that's tangible. Book of Mormon verses Bible arguments are kind of like asking who'd win in a fight between Superman and Captain America.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 01:03PM by Rebeckah.

Date: January 25, 2011 02:14AM

9 out of 10 hits you get from it is from a Christian group trying to convert Mormons.

Yeah, a lot of your cut and paste is accurate. All of it is accurate depending on which Mormon you talk to. Fact is, trying to nail down Mormon doctrine is like nailing jello to the wall -- ain't gonna happen.

Posted by: koolman2 ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 04:26AM

Don't you mean green Jello?

Date: January 25, 2011 12:56PM

Posted by: 665 N' 1/2 ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:15AM

Thanks anon....get a moniker by the way and introduce yourself without hurting out eyes!

Sheez!

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:56AM

member??? but i am so glad you have gotten a "newname"(referenced for the oldtimers who remember "newname"!!!

Posted by: candyflip ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:19AM

there, happy now?!
I go with ANON too. It's an actual nickname I use.

Posted by: roflmao ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:32AM

What were we talkin about?

Date: January 25, 2011 02:42AM

I found a list off encyclopedia dramatica and it looks like it was on the mark. I'm not mormon nor have I ever been religious, but I was a little curious about mormons. I would never convert, anything that has to do with organized religion has never been my thing, but I do have to admit that mormons have their own unique flavor of crazy.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:56AM

And everything he's put in that list is DEFINITELY true--plus he's included a bunch of reliable references to back up his information. Go to:

http://packham.n4m.org/tract.htm

The whole page is packed with excellent information, but the part that is most similar to what you're interested in is under the heading "WHAT THE MISSIONARIES WILL NOT TELL YOU."

Hope this helps!

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 03:20AM

I definitly recommend Richard Packhams "list". I hand wrote (did it that way so it would sink into my old brain better) each fact-I think there are about 110. I also used his references and double checked some. He is right on in everything.

Date: January 25, 2011 03:42AM

He definitely "knows his stuff." I, personally, have spent thousands of hours on independent research time into Mormonism and related topics over the past twenty years, as well as being a full-time, fully active and participating member for over 25 years prior to that. And I can say that I have never seen Richard publish anything on Mormonism that wasn't 100% in agreement with my personal experience and/or research!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 03:44AM by Fetal Deity.

Posted by: LongOut ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:56AM

What a lazily inspired post. Reeks of a cult looking to put down another cult. Try going after the Branhamites. They are (if possible) more weird and treat women far worse. "Women ain't worth the cost of a bullet to kill 'em" -William Brahnam. Maybe you don't know from crazy, but you haven't done your homework on cults, nor have experienced/survived some crazy **&^% in the Morg.

Date: January 25, 2011 03:06AM

Well yeah, never a mormon so of course I'm not going to make a big deal about it. and as far as homework on cults, the closest thing I ever got to it was hanging out with an old classmate who at the time had come back from her mission at temple square 2 years prior. She was a creepy lady....
and whats this about one cultlooking to put down another. Read previous post, I am an athiest. If anything I am an equal opportunity bigot, I pick on everyone!

Date: January 25, 2011 03:21AM

That's why the regular posters here are somewhat mistrustful when someone posts as "anon" and when it seems they might be trying to surreptitiously preach Christianity or spark some kind of controversy. If you stick to your "candyflip" moniker and make it clear you're just curious about Mormonism, I think you won't find too many flaming you! : )

Posted by: tillamook ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 03:19AM

Sorry, I didn't have the patience to read all 1,000 of them, but of the first few I read, I can tell you that some of them may be true, but it might be stretching it a bit. Some of them sound like hyperbole.

Perhaps you are better off picking one topic rather than copying and pasting a wall of text.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 03:45AM

So he didn't see it and was passing on the valuable advice in hopes of saving others from watching it.

Date: January 25, 2011 03:34AM

I will toss this story,
I have been to temple square (well, passed through it) a while ago. this was during my undergrad days, so unless I had to, the dressiest I got was cargo pants and my favorite band shirt (usually the cure). Man, the missionaries and even some of the visitors gave me some nasty looks. They all look like they came out of a factory. I'm not really a goth, but compared to these people they probably thought I was. I did run into a couple sister missionaries as I was navigating my way around (Looking for a bar) after the plesantries and the tour I turned down, one of them who was from Taiwan I think started telling me about her conversion and even started crying. This really creeped me out and made me wonder if she would really start wigging out on me. Totally forgot the name of the bar I walked into, but I lost the sister missionaries. I guess alcohol is to mormons what holywater is to vampires.
Anyway, thats it. Not a Mormon, but have had some contact with them.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 03:41AM

Isn't Nauvoo the place where Jesus will reunite with faithful mormons after The Great Destruction?

I think many active mormons these days are ignorant of these traditional mormon teachings. The morg has dumbed down and only teaches what is useful and necessary. I learned every on of these things by the time I was baptism age.

Posted by: snb (logged out) ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:17AM

The vast majority of that stuff is just propaganda from another Christian group. Beware of all Christian groups. No, they aren't better than Mormonism, their beliefs are just as silly.

Also, most of them aren't even true. There are plenty of weird things in Mormonism to steer clear of...no need to make stuff up.

Posted by: MikeyA ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:21AM

anon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I copied this off another website and was
> wondering if the more seasoned people here could
> shed some light on these and if they are really
> true. If so, I am now more scared of mormons than
> I have ever been.
>
> here it is....
>
>
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that Jesus' death on the
> cross only partially saves the believer.

True, but most mormons don't even understand their own doctrine, so probably wouldn't agree
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that that according to
> Anton Lavey's Satanic Bible, the demon god of the
> living dead is called "Mormo". Is it just a
> coincidence that the Mormons are so concerned with
> the dead?

No idea about the Satanic bible. They are concerned about their dead relatives to try to "save" them.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that on their Salt Lake
> City Temple they prominently display an
> upside-down star which is a Satanic symbol known
> as the Goat's head. Why?

The star is there. Mormons don't secretly worship satan.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that they believe your
> Church is wrong, your Christian creeds are
> abomination to God, and you pastor or Priest is a
> hireling of Satan.

Basically true.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that there is salvation
> only in their church - all others are wrong.

False. Most mormons will be happy to tell you only mormons can be saved.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that those who have been
> through their temples are wearing secret underwear
> to protect themselves from "evil". This "evil"
> includes non - Mormons like you.

They wear the underwear, believe it protects them, but believe the main reason they wear it is to remind them of the temple oaths.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU about their secret temple
> rites at all. If they did, you would spot them as
> non Christians immediately.

100% correct.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that they think "familiar
> spirits" are good, and that their Book of Mormon
> has a "familiar spirit". Leviticus 19:31 says
> familiar spirits defile one, and are to be avoided
> at all costs.

True.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that women receive
> salvation only through their Mormon husbands, and
> must remain pregnant for all eternity.

Mostly true. Believe they will breed in heaven but nothing says they are "constantly pregnant"
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that the Virgin Mary really
> wasn't a virgin at all but had sex relations with
> their heavenly father to produce the Mormon
> version of Jesus Christ

Old school mo's believe that, younger ones might not know about it. Not "officialy" doctrine you could nail to a wall

> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that they believe Jesus had
> at least three wives and children while he was on
> this earth.

Same as above.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that the "heavenly father"
> they ask you to pray to with them, is really an
> exalted man that lives on a planet near the star
> base Kolob, and is not the Heavenly Father of the
> Bible at all.

They believe their god is the same as everybody elses. They do believe he is an exalted man, and that is his address.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that Jesus was really
> Lucifer's brother in the spirit world, and it was
> only due to a "heavenly council" vote that Jesus
> became our redeemer instead of Satan!!

Yep, and they teach it still
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that there are over one
> hundred divisions in Mormonism. They conveniently
> "forget" this while criticizing the many
> denominations within the body of Christ

Most dont know about all the splinter groups.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that all their so- called
> scriptures such as the Book of Mormon, Pearl of
> Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants, and even
> their official "Mormon Doctrine" statements
> contradict each other on MAJOR doctrinal points.
> The King James Bible is likewise contradicted.

Because they don't recognize the contradictions.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that the reason the Book of
> Mormon has no maps is because there is not one
> scrap of archaeological evidence to support it!

They think there is evidence. Have fun asking them what that evidence is.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that the state of Utah,
> which is predominately Mormon, has a higher than
> the national average of wife-beating, child abuse,
> and teenage suicide.

wife-beating, not sure. Child abuse, higher than average but not at all highest. Teenage suicide, quite high.

> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that their prophet Joseph
> Smith was heavily involved in the occult when he
> founded Mormonism.

Because they dont know. He was superstitious and practiced
folk magic.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that that they encourage
> visitations from dead relatives from the "spirit
> world", a practice forbidden in the Bible.
> (Deuteronomy 18:10-12.)

They don't encourage it really, but think visitations are good.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that there are many
> accounts of Joseph Smith's first vision besides
> the one they present to you, and all are
> different

I think about 8 or 9 accounts. The only one they know of was one of the last written, many years later. Few know of any other account than the one in the Pearl of Great Price.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that their secret temple
> oaths are based on the Scottish Rite Masons.

Based, yes. Many differences though.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that before 1978 they
> considered the Negro race inferior, and even one
> drop of Negro blood prevented a person from
> entering their priesthood.

Many older mormons actually still believe they are inferior.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that they expect Christ to
> return to their temple in Missouri, but they
> haven't built the temple He's supposed to return
> to, because they don't own the property. (It is
> owned by the "Temple Lot Mormons" who have plans
> of their own, and won't let the Salt Lake City
> group buy it).

Not sure who owns it, but I think yes.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that they consider the
> Bible to be untrustworthy and full of errors.

Yup. But this is changing.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that they believe the
> Archangel Michael came down to earth with several
> of his celestial wives, and became Adam in the
> garden of Eden.

He became adam, but dont think that having many wives is a widespread belief. I never thought that.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that that they believe the
> angel Gabriel came down to earth and became Noah
> in the days of the flood.

Dont know, new to me.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that their Prophet Joseph
> Smith prophesied falsely many times. For example,
> he foretold the second coming of Christ for 1891.
> The Bible teaches that one false prophecy puts the
> prophet under death sentence. (Deuteronomy
> 18:20-22).

Yes.
>
> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that their Prophet Joseph
> Smith did not die as a martyr as they claim, but
> was killed during a gun battle in which he himself
> killed two men and wounded a third.
>
He shot people, not sure if 1 or 2 died.

> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU about the Mountain Meadows
> Massacre in which they brutally murdered an
> innocent wagon train of settlers, of over one
> hundred men, women, and most of the children,
> traveling through Utah.
>
Yes.

> MORMONS WON'T TELL YOU that Joseph Smith taught
> that there were inhabitants on the moon, and
> Brigham Young taught there were inhabitants on the
> sun as well!

Pretty sure.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:23AM

This presupposes that the run-of-the-mill Mormon even knows anything about these concepts. I doubt they do.

Ron

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:50AM

It tells in the Pearl of Great Price or the D & C that "Michael" the angel was Adam in this life and "Gabriel" was Noah in this life.

I shared that 'truth' during my TBM days in the 70s with some visting Jehovah Witnesses and they never came by my house again!

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:17AM

Thanks for the post, this is EXACTLY what I needed to see.

Posted by: SweetZ ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:18AM

Back in my TBM days. Still do and even after leaving I don't care for it. Yep it's mostly true but it's presented in a "the mormons worship false satanic gods and should be worshipping MY god instead" kind of way.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:31AM

My problem with the list is that many of the points are deservedly obscure, and they are presented in the breathless prose style of a nutjob fundie Christian. Many of the claims are misleading, but there is a kernel of truth in most of them.

To make an inside joke, it is Ed-Decker-Lite.

Richard Packham does present a similar list, with corroborating links a reader can check out on their own, and without the bombast.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:59AM

If it used to be taught, check with your local authority to find out if it is still "true." Best follow the prophet (Hinckley) and say "I don't know we teach that."

Mormons are no longer able to get doctrinal clarification from the General Authorities. They are referred to the local authorities who have one answer, "The only official beliefs are in the canonized books of the Church."

Since they contradict themselves and each other, that is why you find such a mess on the internet. In order to survive, the Church has basically disowned the Journal of Discourses, which is a detailed journal of the teachings of the inspired God-lead leaders of the early church. Apparently, God's eternal truths were truths for their particular time only. The next prophet had the right to produce his own eternal truths and so forth and so on, to this very day.

In the end, they will not be a "peculiar people" as they proudly named themselves, but rather they are becoming known for the "pathetic people" for following leaders who are known political haters and without the courage of their convictions. For example, they excluded negroes and said it was from God, until it was going to be their undoing, then said God changed his mind (who can fathom the mind of God), even though the prophet at the time insisted it was NOT a revelation, he died and they call it a revelation. Now the exclude gays and women and that's just because God wants it that way. Believe me, it gets to the lawsuit point, there will be a revelation in the politically correct direction.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 12:12PM

Jus' takin' the time to say.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 01:05PM

Is it true or is it false ?

That's the only question you should be asking.

There are a lot of newbies here who don't know much about the mormon cult and information like this causes them to ask questions.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.