Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 11:20PM

Someone on here mentioned that a very large number of the new recruits are being sent to Utah. Then today a poster on the New Order Mormon board pointed out that maybe the Morg is going to use their new excess free labor to replace the previous paid ones.

Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 11:27PM

Not only is it FREE labor, it's labor that's paying THEM to work there! That's right up ChurchCo's alley!

Posted by: perceptual ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 11:30PM

Wow, this is worse than corporate cronyism.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 11:33PM

My wife's parents are missionaries in the COB. They don't proselyte at all. They have a job and get paid $0. They pay rent and shop at the local stores for groceries and other things with their retirement money from another state. Free labor from other states is great for the SLC economy.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 11:39PM

CULT CULT CULT

Posted by: sophia ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 12:52AM

I have friends who were just sent to a church college in Fiji (I didn't know there was one). The assignment sounds to me like free labor at a church college--something the church would have to pay someone to do if they hadn't gotten someone like my friends to do it for free.

At least they get to go to a cool place.

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 01:36AM

Bad enough to have senior missionaries be free office labor - at least it's more of a choice at that older age and not as much pressure.
But to be drafted into this at 18 or be viewed as a failure by your family and church community? That's wrong.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.