Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:37AM

Apparently Susan wants me out of here because my posts continue to be deleted for whatever reason. Y'all are great. Keep up the good work. And, lastly, don't take yourselves so seriously. Laugh ever now and then and pass it on.

I'm out.

Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:43AM

My messages must not be great b/c I keep getting the message that they "may be spam" and must be cleared by a moderator. Maybe I'm so full of crap that even a computer can tell.

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:44AM

Maybe all should start copying their posts into an editor, so that your own very empathetic, interesting, and timeconsuming posts here would be totally lost - for whatever reason? ,-)

Posted by: Archie deBunker ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:51AM

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:38AM

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:53AM

You naever miss the water, til the well runs dry. I am not very thirsty, if you know what I mean. lol

Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:57AM

sorry to hear that. I thought some of your insight was very helpful. to each his/her own I guess.

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:02AM

Seriously?? Are you joking?

There are plenty of offensive people on this board. You have never offended me. I always appreciated your humor.

I wish you the best, either way, but I hope to see you back here.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:07AM

It seems like the longer I think out what I want to say the more likely I'll get the spam message.

It's been good talkin' to you Ron.

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:14AM

If she wanted you out of here, you wouldn't have been able to post this thread. From what I've seen, there are a myriad of reasons for a post to be deleted, and since you post quite a few, maybe you just had an isolated period where a few were deleted is all.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:19AM

Don'take it personally. Happens to me, too. :)

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:28AM

I get things deleted all the time! And I'm seldom on topic. (gaack! maybe i'm next on the chopping block)

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:32AM

YOu are one of my favorite posters--please don't go!

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:33AM

Noooooooooo... Come back

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:38AM

Is there a board for people who get kicked off of exmormon.org? Cause I'll switch to that one too.

Posted by: Tommy Monson ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:53AM

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:59AM

Somehow I doubt I'll find anyone as cool as ExMormonRon on there.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:43AM

I occasionally have things deleted or tagged a spam.

I think we'd miss you too much for you to go, you have a great sense of humor.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:43AM

If you are still here friend me on FB, Ron. http://www.facebook.com/#!/jjclay1

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:54AM

I'm thinking that Ron posts have a tendency to be a little "Racy", and that is why I click on his posts.

I get bored with the same mind set of what is proper to say on here, being the same as people in the church have as far as being somewhat prudish. Pretty much talk using the same social norms, but using that "proper" way of talking while discussing a mutual dislike of the LDS church. Ron's posts said to hell with LDS conventional norms. He liked cussing and talking about sex.

As stated, that's why I clicked on his posts.

But it isn't his house here, and we have to play by the rules of the owner of the house. Even if they are a bit too boring.

You take the good with the bad. But I'm glad that I found Ron on facebook before he left.

Now I hope the Raptor Jesus doesn't get bored with the norms, and leave.

I come here for the information. I find it entertaining because of posts like Ron's and Raptor's. It'll be a bummer if it stops being entertaining, and is only informative.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:00AM

ExMormonRon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just sayin'...

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:03AM

In those cases, the deletions have nothing to do with what I have said.

As outspoken as I am, I really do not get all that many posts deleted. I did for a while until I learned what was and was not acceptable here.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:15AM

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:19AM

raptorjesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't be the only offensive one.

I've tried to help in the be offensive department.

Problem is, I don't remember to go back and check my posts to see if they are still up, or got deleted.

I probably get deleted without knowing it.

Perhaps I'll think of a thread topic in Ron's honor today.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:35AM

I hadn't noticed you were deleted. I have just read what you have posted. This board is too busy to worry over that.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 11:38AM

Also, I've had posts deleted because it could have triggered a libel suit or a copyright infringement problem with the ISP.

You are one of my favorite posters because you make good points and contribute to the debate. There are always rules and finding the line in a board like this can be puzzling.

I have had to play guessing game and repost again and again, removing this word and that until I finally came up with a list. For example, you can't say a website that rhymes with Picky Leeks or the name of the guy who hosts it.

Don't pick up your marbles and go home! You have a valuable contribution to make here keeping the balance. If you are disappearing forever, I wish you the best, but you can see you have friends here and a lot of us deal with the same problem. You've dealt with far worse. Don't leave us - besides, you'll want someone to bwahahahaha with while TSCC implodes from internal rot.

Just sayin'

Anagrammy

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 12:18PM

I've noticed a few of my things have been deleted too, so I guess I'm in good company! I'm with Anagrammy; there's probably a good reason they've disappeared, and I love reading people's insights and humour and just about everything else! Hope this doesn't unnecessarily drive anyone away :- /

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 12:19PM

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 12:43PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 12:47PM

I think I hold the record for number of deleted posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 12:47PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 12:47PM

Probably happens to almost all of the regs.
You're not banned. If you get deleted, maybe you're pushing the envelope.
Your posts crack me up! We need some humor. That's one of the best things about this board, exmormon humor!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.