Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 09:47AM

It's true when you constantly hear in the Mormon church,

"when the prophet speaks, the thinking has been done for you"

It's also evident when you constantly hear a fellow brother or sister in the mormon cult who can only claim that it's true, with no evidence to back up their claims.

The third thing that stands out, is they usually are quick to ignore, deny or get angry as they start to feel very uncomfortable when you start to point out the inconsistencies and flaws in the b of m and their culture.

Here's an example of one young man I just recently spoke with on a youtube video. I started out by throwing out one of my anti-mormon rap tunes, then he tried to answer back with one of his own, then I answered back swiftly and bluntly, then he excused it of course with his inconsistent fictional rap back and then so on and so fourth with our own personal feelings on the issue.

(Me) 3Deditor: Mormon teens and Mormon young adults, They all belong to a Big Giant Cult. All a bunch of Hypocritical, Superficial, Arrogant punks who think it's cool to have junk in the trunk. They're really a bunch of Stupid Naive Retards who don't know squat from their mammas belly. I gotta tell ya, they are quite smelly, because everything they say is a bunch of crap, while they still dance like white boys who don't know how to rap.

PhroshStar: @3Deditor Oh a rhyme battle!!
Poor misguided, helpless soul I'm here to tell you that I know
The mormon church is the truth And all around you'll find the proof. It is not a Giant Cult full of "mormon teens and mormon young adults" It is a church for all the ages Perhaps you should read the Book Of Mormons pages If you read it, then you'll see, Why "Mormon adults and Mormon teens" Are not retarded, stupid or naive.
What we believe is not crap, just like there are white boys who actually can rap.

3Deditor: @PhroshStar most of that was borrowed, just like Joseph Smith couldn't see past tomorrow. Ya only changed a few words, just to try to look authentic in front of all the Mormon turdes. You couldn't even be original, just like Joseph Smith was a false individual. This rap battle is through, because you really haven't got a clue. These words I leave with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

PhroshStar: @3Deditor Your falsified ideas have no substance, You should repent now for breaking the commandments. The prophet Joseph Smith was chosen by God, Unlike you who is a miserable sod. where did your mistaken ideas originate, the gospel is one you should love, not hate. Your raps bore me, they're not that exciting, And i find your ideas incredibly frightening. Come to church and learn the truth, I know some people who can teach you. Get baptised and repent, In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

3Deditor: @PhroshStar you're sorely mistaking. I know the ins and outs of that cult. I've been through it for 20 years. Your book of Mormon is nothing but a bunch of fairy tales from previous authors of books plagiarised by Joseph smith Oliver Cowdery sidney rigdon who helped throw together a very inconsistent book. I know the absolute truth. you have no right to call me to repentance. You need a big eye opener. Go to utlm.org and you'll find all the truth there.

PhroshStar: @3Deditor I know the truth. The book of mormon is not inconsistent. And it is not a cult. You're welcome to your opinion, however wrong it is.

3Deditor: @PhroshStar you truly want to believe, cuz it's filled with stories that give you hope, trial and triumph, fictional heros to capture your imagination. Ever try relying on your own dreams, instead of trying to measure up constantly to someone else's? In Mormon inc., you serve man before God, because many steps one needs to take before self exaltation. Its more conditional law based, than Gods unconditional love. I hope you'll see the vast difference between Christianity and Mormonism one day.

PhroshStar: @3Deditor You are so mistaken about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-say Saints. Log onto LDS.org, speak to missionaries and see where you're incorrect.

Here's the dumb ass Mormon rap video link that I was bagging on and then ended up where this guy was trying to bring me to repentance and baptism. LOL! It's stupid videos like this that has brought me to discussion forums like here and watching exmormon videos on youtube, so that I can gain a wider perspective and second opinion and facts on things.
Thanks guys!

Stormin Mormon Rap
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=vkaT-9pyf3c

feel free to pitch in and educate this naive young man if you wish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 09:48AM by experienceheals.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:13AM

It's not about thinking, but what motivates your thinking patterns. Honesty, logic, evidence, personal experience, interpersonal feelings and trusts, should be a sound foundation and reference for our thinking patterns, but all those things will be distorted and misused when a (blind) faith in and of itself becomes the core virtue one idealises to the extreme.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.