Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:38AM

Perhaps I have too much time on my hands. After watching Big Love I became confused. There is a poligamist leader who is gay but has many wives and children. If he is gay who fathered the children. Perhaps he is bi.

But then I wondered. There are many poligamists of LDS, Muslim, other Christian and unreligious people but can there be a gay poligamy group? Now adays just about everything exists.

I am not writing this to offend anyone and I appologize in advance if this post does. Just a wandering mind. I cannot figure out how it would work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:41AM

My ex has 2 children with me (twins) and he isn't bi--NOT IN THE LEAST. Gay men can have sex with women. Doesn't mean they are attracted to women. Actually, if you think of it, straight women can have sex with gay men!!!!

My ex had no problem having sex with me, but he is DEFINITELY GAY. He isn't somewhere in the middle--not in the least.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 10:42AM

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:58PM

At one point I was in love with two men. They both knew and for a time we attempted to have a three way marriage. I would call that polyandry of the highest sort. I met 4 lesbians who were in a "marital" relationship. I would call that polygyny. The man with wives and lovers would truly be a polygamist.

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 03:38PM

I would second this. If you look up polyandry you will find a lot of various arrangements that people try to work out when their heart's don't follow right in step with tradition. Usually, though, any such situations stress honesty and openness of all involved parties.

Date: January 26, 2011 02:37PM

Have you seen the tv bit about the "traveling husbands" in some tribe... I think in Laos ... in which a woman could have several husbands and each was expected to enjoy his time and not react to his brother husbands? If only we could all get over the jealousy. In Tibet, one woman being married to two or more brothers was common.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 03:07PM

My former bishop (gay and closeted at the time) has four grown children.

Date: January 26, 2011 02:34PM

I am gay and fathered two children. I've always said that when I was young it didn't take much to get me going. Today, at the other end of my life, I couldn't perform a heterosexual act even if I wanted to.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 02:45PM

My Gay friend has 2 grown children.
at one time, I would have assumed this was unusual, however....
From reading many other posts, it seems to be very, very common for gay men to (physically and directly) father children

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.