Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:01PM

Here is the ward newsletter we rcvd via email today:

Carbondale Ward E-News for Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Emergency Preparedness Tip: Locate your home and family on the LDS website map so in a disaster searchers will know where your home is. Currently the map gives us an approximation of your location and once you have verified the exact spot we will know where to dig. It is very easy to update your location and add photos to your file as well as contact information. Here are five steps to get you started.

1. Go to LDS.Org an scroll down to the "Quick Links" italicized section on the left
2. Click on the "Ward and Stake Website" link
3. Log in...if you do not have an LDS user name and password follow the steps at the bottom to register to receive a user name and password. You will need your membership record number which is on your temple recommend or may be retrieved from the ward clerk when he is in his office. Once you have this user name and password confirmed, write them down in a handy location to easily retrieve them again when needed.
4. Once you are at the Carbondale Ward website find the word Map under the ward address and info located under the SLC temple picture. Click on Map.
5. At the Map page: In the left box under Maps and Welcome select the highlighted Sign In and use your user name and password. Find your own name and follow prompts to edit your families profile and location.

In the event of a disaster it will be invaluable to searchers to have this information!!

Thank you, Kara Dunkel

Please Note: There is currently a glitch in the system that will not allow you to move your "house" on the map if it is not in the correct location. We are currently working on this problem and hope to have it resolved soon. If your "house" is in the correct location, please verify the information.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:14PM

So we'll know where to dig?

If I am buried in the ruble, send the professional rescue team please. Not a bunch of amateurs.

Oh, and we certainly are going to dig out any inactives or non-members! LOL

More "be afraid" rhetoric. More "no safety outside the church".

My dad always said that when someone is trying to make you afraid, they are trying to control you.

Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:20PM

It works. I just moved too...

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:26PM

So, an earthquake levels a whole neighborhood that is inside a ward boundary...

The unaffected ward members get out the ward rescue map..

Then promptly find out who the high status members are that are in that neighborhood and start digging there first.

Their triage list will be Bishopric, EQ pres, HP Group Leader, R. Pres, Primary Pres, etc.

Date: January 25, 2011 02:27PM

I went to the site and they had our home in the correct place. I moved our house 10 miles directly north. The "glitch" seems to have been fixed. I will go to the site again to verify the move took after I logged out. I also edited the "special Needs" section re our family to read: Cold beer, marijuana and NO home teachers (unless they are bringing the beer).

Mrs. Truthseeker called on her lunch and thought it was funny.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:27PM

Looks like a way for your relatives to tell TSCC where to find you in order to "reactivate" you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 02:36PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: pkdfan2 ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:30PM

Posted by: Chloe ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:50PM

Her name is Dunkel?

The word means "Dark"

Date: January 25, 2011 02:55PM

If you are ever in So IL you should stop by and meet her. She's a nut job you won't soon forget.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.