Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 02:04PM

IDK why, but I've felt guilty about coming out to my best friend about the religion. Probably because of the programming of the church, and because it seems she seems to like the church and I was worried she would shun me. And I tell her, and she immediately says: Yea I don't really like what your church teaches either.

Never-mos are angels, they really are.

Who is the best non-judgmental friend ever? SHE IS!

That is all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 02:09PM by anon123.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 03:00PM

Congratulations. I'm not too envious to be glad on your behalf! :-)

Posted by: PackLeader ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 03:21PM

I married a man who was Morman, but had left the church long before I married him. That said, he was always very nervous about discussing religion. I knew that our beliefs were the same, but I needed to know where he was coming from.

It took a long time to get him to talk about his questioning. He felt "stupid" that he had been suckered so easily (after he found the truth). He even admitted that he felt that if he voiced his religious views, I would think he had lack of belief. That's because that's the way the Mormon church works. If you don't believe in THEIR doctrine, then you don't believe, period.

I've never been Mormon, but I believe that God gives us all experiences for a reason. You were raised Mormon for a reason, and you questioned for a reason. God doesn't care where you came from, but that you're where you are right now.

Move forward---

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.