Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: July 10, 2013 09:07PM

While exercising in Utah County, I was waiting at a stop light and the missionaries walked by. They really looked miserable in the heat (100 degrees farenheit) wearing their white shirts, ties, and suit pants. I felt sorry for them and wondered if either of them was one of those missionaries who is questioning the truthfulness of the LDS Church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Out in England ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 02:44PM

I also saw a pair of Elders today. They we're talking to a young man at a bus stop, outside a university. They will probably report it as a first discussion lol

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 05:06PM

I saw a couple Elders while I was out on a walk the other night. It was really hot and humid, so I gave them each 5$ and told them to go get some ice cream at the shop down the street on me. When they tried to start up a conversation about Jesus Smith, I jogged off and wished them a good night. Hope they were able to have a break from the heat and enjoy themselves.

Posted by: runningyogi ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 05:41PM

"Sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice, to have all that God has". A less extreme way then crashing jet airliners into buildings but sad for those of us who know better or who were once doing the same.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.