Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: woodsmoke ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 12:47AM

When I broke off my engagement and I thought he was writing me a heartfelt goodbye letter. It was a long, long letter about building my faith and asking HF about the Book of Mormon. I broke off an engagement and that was literally it...it was ALL about the BOM and Joseph Smith. Then I got voicemails from his mother about the same thing. Nope, not our ended engagement. Not the life we were going to have together before we broke up. Freaking Joseph Smith and Heavenly Father. I realized, wow, these people are whackos. They really believe this crap.

Share yours.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 07:58AM

When I let my never Mo family know I was filing for divorce my SIL offered to take a couple of the kids temporarily while we were going through it.
I sent my Brother my very bright 12 year old. It was good for my son, he was able to live in a large city of the Northwest and get a perspective of how never MOs live. That they are good people and they don't have the gospel.

I was always teaching my children to have respect for other religions and treat people well. I even sent them to vaction bible school.

When my HT, whom I'd known for 15 years found out I'd sent my boy to live with my brother the first thing he said was "They aren't Mormon!"

He had never met my brother. What did he think he was like? How could he know? My brother is a non drinking streight up Methodist Christian...in fact my daughter told me he was a prude. (which he is)

I said but my brother's an Eagle Scout master!

It didn't matter, he wasn't a Mormon so he wasn't good enough to have temporary custody of my kid. Yet my brother has higher morals and integrety than most of the Mormons in that town! Both wards included!

Later I found out how crappy the LDS scout program was and understood why my brother being an Eagle Scout meant nothing to the HT. Mormon troops give out the eagle scout like meaningless paper certificates for a job well done.

It still surpises me that they only knew my brother wasn't a member so I shouldn't let my child live with him, even for a couple of months. It was so insulting! So disrespectful of my never Mo family...

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 05:41PM

Sometimes things work out for the best.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.