Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: marriedtoexmo ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 12:37PM

So, I was just thinking what would it take for folks to be happy and forever walk away from the Mormon church and just never think about it again. Specifically, ex-mormons. I guess because the church is still in existence and continues to wreak havoc on people's lives we have a need for this board and for the need for recovery.

Anyway, here's my list of what I would like to see happen to the church, curious of what other's list would be of what you would like to see happen to the church that would make you feel content about the outcome of the church?

1. All 12 of the GA's come on national TV and admit it's all a lie and that JS made it all up. I'd want them to come up 1 by 1 and denounce it.

2. All church assets are liquidated and given to legitimate charities.

3. My TBM in-laws all say 'I can't believe we believed that'. This one is petty on my part, I just want to take pleasure in seeing them admit they were wrong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elciz ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 12:46PM

The "end game"? Yea, I'd like to see them all admit it is a hoax, but you know what? Ain't gonna happen. They love the gravy train. Their kids and grandkids are on the gravy train. What will happen is that the size of the church will (eventually) shrink, more and more. We're probably talking a hundred years. In a hundred years Mormons will be like the Amish. Small enclaves of Mormons scattered about in Utah and southern Idaho. There will be leadership disputes over who is in charge. There will be lawsuits over who gets property and revenues from businesses and they will start doing wild things again (polygamy, child brides, etc.).

And the rest of us will view them as an oddity, harmless, and a bit entertaining.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 12:52PM

I'd change #2.....

2. All church assets are liquidated and given back to the members and former members of the church.

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 01:05PM

It has to end with a wimper or it will leave too much damage and pain behind. Imagine what Utah would be like if every TBM was suddenly plunged into the confusion that some of us are in.
There simply are not enough mental health providers in the state to handle that kind of trauma. The state legislature would collapse without the GA to tell them what to do. The school board wouldn't know what to have the schools teach.

I want TSCC to go away a little at a time and I'm going to be selfish here, I want it to start with my friends and family and the friends and family of those who post on this board and others like it. We'll be able to help our friends reprogram and then there will be a ripple and eventually elciz will be right, there'll be little groups of die hards here and there.

I really don't think it will take that long. I think it all depends on the kids. If they stop going on missions and start to marry at a slightly older age, it will have a dramatic affect of the numbers pretty quickly. I have six grandchildren who will not be going on missions, that's a start right there.

Posted by: kokaubeammeup ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 01:49PM

#1. However it would happen, I wish my family would all realize it's a load of crap and leave, so that I can actually have a shot at a normal relationship with all of them while there is still time in this life, and then maybe not feel like this board is the only place I can be understood. I don't care about revenge or money or disgrace. I just want my family, and the sooner the implosion the better.

Realistically though, the church will morph as slowly as a snail like it always does, people will stay intellectual slaves, and the church will level off to some sort of growth equilibrium and still exist for quite some time. But I have faith and hope in the coming of the great apostasy.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 02:03PM

What I'd love to see is people just getting up and walking away, leaving the Conference Center nearly empty during the Sunday morning session of GC...

I don't even care if the Q15 admit it! I just want to see people wake up and find something better to do until eventually enough people will leave that either the church will have to give up or turn into something palatable.

Having the missionaries band together and storm the castle (so to speak) and overthrow the despots would be pretty fun to watch.

Posted by: burnned ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 03:33PM

End game? interesting, as if Life is a "game". I guess I tend to hate the organization because LDS Inc.. IS the cause of much Suffering for the people in my life I care about. If you've ever seen (or been ) someone who's been Phyiscially and or Emotionally Beaten in the name of LDS horseshit, I don't think anyone would be truly "happy" with LDS until it is Dismantled, Destroyed as the Blasphemy against God's word that it is. I'm sure there are plenty of uninformed, oblivious people in the LDS who aren't Evil, but for those of us who know better now, it's practically an Obligation to fight the Evil that LDS org. creates. To do it with Christ by your side is your best bet. Now where is that slingshot and stone that David used to slay Goliath?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 11:48PM

I will feel some sorrow for some wonderful people who have through their compassion, in and out of the church, devoted themselves to the well being of others. As for all the sanctimonious TBM rats who live in the S. Alberta moridor....I'd buy tickets to watch them implode...

Ron Burr

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.