Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 06:04PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 06:25PM

This is one of my pet peeves from my mission. Our MP mandated that we "tract or teach" for 60 hours per week. Since we were in France, this meant many weeks of 60 hours tracting. No other activities were allowed. No service, no English classes, no street contacts, no member visits without an investigator present. Nothing was allowed but tracting or teaching.

What a complete waste of time. But he was our inspired leader, so we obeyed. This was 1979 to 1981.

We also were required to wear our suit coats over our white shirts and ties anytime we were outside the apartment. This included Pdays.... shopping, doing laundry at the Laundromat, sightseeing...always in a suit coat and tie. On our bikes, in the rain. All day, every day. No missionary was to be seen in street clothes outside his/her apartment, ever.

I guess the morg figured out 30+ years later this was a stupid way to dress 19 year old kids

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/56582595-180/dress-grooming-suits-missionaries.html.csp

Posted by: fallible ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 06:31PM

he's the one that got nailed.

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 06:40PM

Sure you'd expect his one true Church to be ahead of the curve and to figure stuff out first but you'd be wrong.

If we learn any thing form LDS history it's that Prophets are usually the last to know.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.