Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mostcorrectedbook ( )
Date: July 15, 2013 11:15PM

It's been almost a year since my first notice to the bishop, and I'm working on my resignation papers to send in Sep as an anniversary of that date. This will include my wife and children.

My father finally gave his notice to his ward that he is "stopping it all". My mother's heart is already out of the church too, and she is just waiting to finish up her calling to exit gracefully. My brother will be following soon. He too needs to finish up his calling. They have the integrity and good honor to finish up their jobs properly before resigning.

In fact, that's what I'm proud of myself too - I was faithful in what I knew at that time. No regrets. I kept my part of the covenants. The MORG broke their contract.

This is such a happy moment in our family. I have begun to feel the intense happiness that is REAL. No more fantasies and guilt about the after-life. Life is so precious and good as it is now.

Moving forward, we will embrace good morals and do our best to uplift humanity. My simple motto will be "Help, don't hurt".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2013 11:28PM by mostcorrectedbook.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sha'dynasty ( )
Date: July 15, 2013 11:22PM

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you, this must be the best feeling.

Posted by: truthseeker ( )

That's wonderful! Best wishes for this new chapter in the lives of you and your family.

Posted by: releve ( )

Now that you and your family will be free to use your time and resources in the way that you deem best, I'm sure you'll be a wonderful asset to your community. Congratulations!

Date: July 15, 2013 11:30PM

Yes releve,
The amount of time and MONEY given back to us has been amazing.
Plus, not to forget the relief from all guilt, pressure, stress of callings, fear, etc.

Date: July 15, 2013 11:29PM

Thanks. Time to celebrate indeed.
I took a liking to Utahn beers lately. Kolobian and the 1st Amendment are very tasty.
I will try Polygamy next.
hee hee.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: July 15, 2013 11:39PM

Awesome! So how did it all happen and what was your part in it?

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: July 15, 2013 11:46PM

That's spectacular! I am so jazzed that your entire family is leaving together. Best wishes to all of you.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 15, 2013 11:57PM

Congrats....care to explain how you deconverted your DAD? Anyhow, very happy for you and you are right to be understanding they wish to finish up with their callings.

Date: July 16, 2013 12:51AM

I didn't really do much to push him over. We live on the opposite side of the world.
I believe he just trusts my research and just wants to follow my lead, and follow his grandchildren.
He joined much later in life. So, he was not brought up Mormon. So, I think it's easier for him to fall back on non-moism.
My mom was a tbm and strong leader for decades. She too trusts my research, plus realises the fraud of it all by herself.

I am ready to help them in the recovery process. It will be bumpy at first as we all know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 12:52AM by mostcorrectedbook.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 01:01AM

Wow- don't hear of this often....parents following the research of their son or daughter. You are so lucky. Best wishes on the bumpy part....but hope it is over soon.

Date: July 16, 2013 01:08AM

Yeah. But my wife's side is ultra Mormon heritage stock. They really haven't confronted us yet. But we know they are secretly talking smack about us.
My wife doesn't give a hoot about them. They were terrible parents and siblings to begin with anyway. The usual perfect show at church, but abusive at home.
I don't know if they will ever snap from Mormonism, but at the rate of information revelations, I will ever be ready to help them when the time comes.

Anyway, we are happy, and have a bright future for our generations to come. I'll make sure I arm them with critical thinking, garnished with a lot of pure love for fellow beings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 01:10AM by mostcorrectedbook.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 09:49AM

MCB:

Is there any chance I could hire you to deconvert my relatives?

Your post has made my day/week/year/eternity !!!

Great stuff

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 09:56AM

What was it exactly that deconverted your father?

Posted by: zero ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 10:35AM

Well said. When I left I said "There were just too many places that the church didn't live up to my moral standards. I can't belong to a church where I have to make excuses for its moral shortcomings."

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 02:48PM

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 02:53PM

Wow! Congrats! I helped deconvert my sisters. My brother helped me thru the confusion. It's a great feeling knowing you helped do something good in the world, isn't it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.