Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 03:41AM

How many Facebook posts I see about people needing some type of medical help in my area. I just do not understand how a church can not help them with things like this, either finding a DR who can give them advice or helping with the cost of the medical help. When I was very ill as a child the Lutheran church we belonged to. Found a Dr. from another congregation to come and talk to my parents about what was going on with me. The DR did it out of the kindness of his heart but he would not have known about me if the church I belonged to did not put the word out. It just baffles my mind that they can not find help in the church they go to. All I can do is offer small help and say prayers for them (to find the help they need) . I just wish I could do more to help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 01:03PM

That is sad. At my Methodist church we have blood pressure screenings once a month by a nurse who is a member for all who wish to have theirs taken after the service. I think it is a nice gesture. Also we have had a few Drs. and dentists in our church. I am sure they would give advice if asked.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.