Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mike ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 02:32PM

I've heard tbm's mention that there were other people that came to the America's before Nephi and his family and the Jaredites.

Well, my tbm wife and I got done reading scripture and I totally forgot about this gem from 2nd nephi:

"8 And behold, it is wisdom that this land should be kept as yet from the knowledge of other nations; for behold, many nations would overrun the land, that there would be no place for an inheritance.

9 Wherefore, I, Lehi, have obtained a promise, that inasmuch as those whom the Lord God shall bring out of the land of Jerusalem shall keep his commandments, they shall prosper upon the face of this land; and they shall be kept from all other nations, that they may possess this land unto themselves. And if it so be that they shall keep his commandments they shall be blessed upon the face of this land, and there shall be none to molest them, nor to take away the land of their einheritance; and they shall dwell safely forever."

In the old testament, at least, one reads about all the people living in the "promised land." Not one mention of other people living in the "new promised land" in the bom.

Just wanted to throw that out in case it's ever mentioned in a debate :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 02:56PM

Jaradites came to an empty continent too:

Ether Chapter 13:2 ... after the waters had receded from off the face of this land it became a choice land above all other lands, a chosen land of the Lord; wherefore the Lord would have that all men should serve him who dwell upon the face thereof;

Unless Noah's flood didn't kill everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.