Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 07:29PM

"
Miss Riverton and three other 18-year-olds were arrested Saturday morning on suspicion of hurling bombs at several homes in the south Salt Lake County community.

Kendra McKenzie Gill, crowned Miss Riverton in June; John Patrick Reagh, of Draper; Shanna Marie Smith, of Bluffdale; and Bryce Christopher Stone, of Riverton, were arrested Saturday morning on suspicion of detonating an incendiary device. Police labeled the actions a first-degree felony, according to records released by the Salt Lake County Jail, though the exact charges will be up to prosecutors. The foursome remained in the Salt Lake County jail on Sunday afternoon. No bail had been set...
" {from SLTrib}

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56689334-78/police-riverton-stone-jail.html.csp

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-beauty-bomb-thrower-20130805,0,4877281.story

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2013 07:31PM by 3X.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 07:51PM

For males, that's one way of getting out of going on a mission- get arrested.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 08:40PM

I guess this means she won't be crowned "Miss Congeniality" any time soon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2013 09:15PM by Senoritalamanita.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 09:13PM

She's the bomb.

Posted by: Lenina ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 09:45PM

...I was out jogging early in the morning on a main road in an upper class neighborhood, I was all alone, no witnesses.

I was running on the side of the road when a car came down the lane I was on the shoulder of. The car was releasing fireworks out the passenger window.

The car approached quickly and I realized I had nowhere to escape (me = like a deer in headlights frozen reaction) I screamed "No!" a couple times then the car exploded fireworks right at me and I dropped to the grass, screaming.

The car zoomed away. I didn't have my phone. I didn't get any description of the car or a license plate number because it was dark and it happened so fast.

Passive as I am, when I got home 30 min later I wondered if I should call the police, but I reasoned to myself that there's nothing they could do. I had no injuries, couldn't provide any description of the vehicle, etc.

So I briefly vented on facebook (passive!) then within a few hours got over the shock and carried on with my day!

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 09:46PM

On a hot summer night I had gone out for a late walk and gotten home around 11:00, passing right by the box by the sidewalk. An hour later there was a huge explosion, sending shrapnel across our yard all the way to the neighbors' yard. We never knew who did it, but it may have been local kids who had previously made fun of our shy teen son.

I hope those she and the others get a stiff sentence, to scare the heck out of them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.