Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Xanax (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 01:00AM

I just wanted to vent my frustration somehow.

In my life they are indolent and think there's nothing more important than the church.

I want so bad that they leave me alone. I'm sure life would be easier.

-----

- I live with my parents. I'm a teenager.

- I study and work Monday-Saturday all day long (literally, from 5am to 11pm. Subtract maybe 1 hour for meals and another hour for other basic needs.)

- Sunday is my only day off and the last thing I want is to go to church; but I'd gladly accept going out somewhere to escape my monotonous lifestyle.

- They make me go to church, because they say I need to make "spiritual progress" (Not sure about my spiritual progress but this is making me hate the church more and more).

- They complain that I don't read the scriptures and that's why I'm "confused" about life.

-----

That's why I'm complaining. I really don't want to waste any of my precious time doing stupid that I don't want to do.

Thanks for reading. That's (in a nutshell) all I have to say.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 01:13AM

Hang in there, Xanax. It's sort of like a prison sentence that you just have to endure. Keep using your brain and make plans for going to college, not a mission. Come here to unload when you need to.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 01:36AM

I agree. One must tough it out til graduating from high school I guess. If you go to college get away from any connection to the LDS. If you don't go to college still make a plan to get away.You need space more than anything right now. Best wishes. Being young can be great and can be H___ in your situation.

Oh and tell them it is not because you don't read the scriptures that you are confused. Tell them you are confused because you DO read the scriptures....BofM, right? Now you could say I prefer reading the Bible and will do so - the one the mainstream Christians use by the way - not the one they say has been "translated correctly". Good luck and hang in there.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 01:24AM

Prison Sentence pretty well covers it.

It's compounded by the fact that they're close to Zero on most any empathy scale (witness the intimidation/coercion), they feel that most anything they do to promote/support LDS, Inc. is Approved / O.K.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2013 01:25AM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: AzAtheist ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 12:25PM

Hang tight!

Many of us have been there and made it through.

They also warned me that outside of TSCC that there was nothing but unanswered questions and confusion. It's just another lie(at worst) or falsehood(at best) to try and scare you to keep on the "straight and narrow".

Best of luck,
AzAtheist

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 12:36PM

My father's picture was in the Mormon dictionary under "unrighteous dominion". I remember researching apartment rates while enduring my final year at home. Moving out was a finiancial impossibility if I was going to continue with my goal to be an RN. I made a cold calculation that I would do what I needed to do to survive in that situation for free room and board. I was also clinically depressed. Any chance you could benefit from some help?

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 01:02PM

Hang in there. I was in your shoes not too long ago. It sucks balls, but you have to tough it. Make plans to get out as soon as you can.

Hugs!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 01:40PM

They're hoping to punish Mormons weaker in the faith to force them back in line.

Many of us went through what's happening to you and remember it well.

Be strong and take care. You are right in this case and your well-meaning parents are sadly mistaken. I'm very proud of you.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 02:15PM

First, I want to shout out mad props to you for being a teenager and using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Thank you for communicating like a real person (rather than using txtspk).

Second, I was you once. It sucks, but you have to live by "my house, my rules." You must respect your parents because there will come a time when you will be in a position to take your freedom and be responsible for yourself and you will want your parents' respect. You have to give it to get it. So think on this time as banking respect karma.

Third, I want to promise you one thing: It gets better. It WILL get better. Sooner than it might feel like, you will have your freedom. You will be able to take responsibility for your actions. You will be in control of your choices. You will enjoy the benefits of your own hard work. All the good things and all the bad things, they're all on you. Not to say that you have 100% total control over everything, but you will have 100% total control over your choices, even if the choices available all completely suck. That happens sometimes. When it does, remind yourself of this time in your life and try to say to yourself, "Well, at least I'm in charge of the choice, instead of someone else making a choice for me."

Hang in there.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.