Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: erictheex ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 01:59PM

TSCC advertizes and sell this product: "The Plan of Happiness".

But many of of us failed to read the fine print. The print has been added to the tithing slips, and I gues will soon become more clear. Bit just so we all understand it is not the plan of YOUR happiness they are talking about...

It is their happiness that they achieve. Mormons are generally a lot less happy that other people. They agree to be unhappy with the understading that they will be happy later. This "happy later" attitude allows them to put up with some massive abuse now.

But think about it. Most, if being honest would answer the following question "what would make you happy", in the following way:

I dont have to work

I make a ton of money

You have to admire me for saying I dont make money

People obey whatever I say as if it came from God

I get to have more than one woman

I get priviledges and prestige

I get a chauffeur and a chef on call, 24/7

I get free housing and vacations

I get to teach people my theories and they have to listen

People have to raise to their feet when I enter the room

I get to write books about anyhting and people have to buy them

My family gets free education, vacations, priviledge and access

I get taken care of for life

I cannot go to hell

I am ordained a god, without needing to provide proof that god was involved in the decision

I am officially told that my entrance to heaven is guaranteed

I am never accountable for my mistakes or claims

you have to call me a prophet, president and god's personal exclusive representative on earth and bow and promise by everything you hold dear to do whatever I say

I get to tell everyone what to do with every aspect of their lives

You worship me

If I ever wanted your wife or your daughter for sex, you promise to give her to me and to say thanks for the privilege

you have to give me at least 10% of your income, no questions asked

You have to accept and free work/labor assigment and you have to say thanks and call it a blessing

I am more important than your family

I get to do whatever I want with your money, including self serving bragging, but I get credit, as if it were my money.

I get to be on the board of 14 companies, draw a salary from each one, but I am not accountable as an employee

I dont have to pay taxes

You have to do play simon says for the rest of your life with me, only I cant lose, because I get to use the "I never said that" card and the "I play on behalf of God" card.

So yes, it is the plan of happiness, the mormon leader's happiness. who better to explain it to the poor mormon saps than someone who has found it?! Who better to explain the importance of tithing that those who live off it and dont pay it? who better to explain the power of the priesthood than those who have given themselves 2nd annoiting and can command you to do anything? who better to teach you about honesty and hard work than those who cant drive or pay for their own cars? Who better to expound on sacrifice than those who fly for free on first class? Who better to explain happiness than those who live off your misery.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 02:08PM

Arm to the square and saying Amen. Your language gives the whole Mormon thing just the perspective it deserves.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 02:19PM

You forgot that he gets to call white black and black white and yet accuse "The World" and his critics of doing this.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.