Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 05:15PM

Anyone else struggling with too much light and too long days?

Summers are so difficult for me. I wish it was winter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 05:30PM

I'm counting down the days. I just realized it a few years ago--what it was. It is called reverse SAD. I have always had a difficult time with summer--July and August. It is as if the minute September hits, I feel relief.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 05:40PM

I'm not too bothered by the light or length of days but the heat really knocks me flat. Anything over room temperature-ish and I lose the will to live. That's a slight exaggeration but it really does get me down because I just have no desire or energy to do anything when it's hot. I just melt. So I do practically nothing and I get bored and blue.

I wish it was October all year: sunny, cold, crisp, slightly frosty, fresh smelling cold fog and beautiful trees. Perfect.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 07:15PM

Posted by: Aussiegirl ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 06:09PM

I think everyone has their favorite time of year, I personally enjoy this time of year, I like to sit out on the porch in the evening listening to the crickets, enjoying a nice glass of wine and just being outside although the heat tends to drain my energy. You know it's too hot when you have to slip on you're winter gloves to grab the steering wheel because its too hot, and when you open you're door it's like standing in front of a blast furnace. I'm not a big fan of winter mainly because of arthritis but I try to make the best of it, the holidays, a clear winters night when the moonlight of a full moon shines down on the snow covered mountains. I'm a optimist and I try to find the best in everything, even when it's not my favorite thing

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.