Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DishyDoodle ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 06:01PM

I'd had enough of telling strangers from the local LDS church that I wasn't a Mormon, wasn't interested in visits and had left the church years ago after learning the truth about church history. I was tired of having every new missionary sent to my door, tired of seeing those poor guys look confused about the loving way I shared "evil anti-Mormon" facts about JS and actual church history .

Decided to resign, thanks to this site, and did so just 4 weeks ago. I love being free from the padded membership counts. I love that, not having really made a "choice" as an indoctrinated 8 year old, I had the choice to say yes to removing my name.

I do feel different.

I feel as if I did a part in creating a change, though it may only seem as small as the fluttering of a butterflies wings.

Perhaps a joint "butterfly effect" will manifest great change!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 06, 2013 06:39PM

Congrats! It's ironic that it isn't until your very last act as a Mormon, that you are the one giving the order, and they have to comply. Even when you get baptized, they get to decide if you are worthy enough, and they have final veto power over whether you get baptized.

Savor the moment!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.