Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nolongerin ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 06:42PM

Several months ago, when the board was down for a few weeks, I learned of Dodge's email address and turned in an email resignation. Because this board was down, I posted my success story on postmormon, and when this board came up again, several more people had followed suit with successful email resignations. I posted the email address again here; Richard Packham (who has WONDERFUL sourdough bread recipes on his website, BTW) soon posted the address on his website, and since then, there have been almost daily posts by people who successfully resigned via email.

So I'm wondering, just how many successes have we accumulated using this method? Seems to me it's so much easier than snail mail...click! and you're out! Have we managed to exit over 100 yet? Over 200?

Just wondering.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 06:47PM

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 06:48PM

Posted by: silhouette ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 09:23PM

Resigned by email, got first letter, met with bishop, told him how it was, 1 month after email sent I got the final letter.

Posted by: jolene ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 09:27PM

Sent email 1/23, received 1st letter 1/27. Waiting to see what the bishop's move is going to be. This is for me and my DH, so 2 resignations in 1 email click :). My BIL wants to send his, too. I told him about the email process, so his should be sent this weekend.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 09:34PM

Oh yes.... I see the membership number going down to 14.999.999
From 15.000.000

Posted by: nolongerin ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 11:27PM

Quinlansolo, yes, we know they don't REALLY take our name off the rolls....that is not the issue, really....it's more about how many people resign and get a trophy letter that at least tells them they're free.

Seems like a lot of people have been posting about email resignations lately...I just wanted to get them all in one place...what better motivator for someone who might be thinking of resigning?

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 12:04AM

It takes about 60 days, but I was never contacted or bothered at all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.