Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-Cultmember ( )
Date: August 08, 2013 03:22PM

Maybe there already is one, but I think someone needs to create a website or page on RFM or MormonThink which COMPREHENSIVELY addresses the whole City Creek Jesus Mall development.

Posters are constantly asking question on RFM about details about this project and everyone seems to be adding different Deseret News articles or their own random opinions. For example how much the mall REALLY cost the church and who REALLY owns it, etc.

I think there needs to be ONE source we can all go to or point others to which has ALL the documentation and analysis of this thing. It should contain ALL the news articles ever published dealing with City Creek. It should have an exhaustive analysis of the evidence we have at hand so far and all the ethical issues stemming from it. And it would be updated anytime additional information brought to light.

There's obviously links and articles written by ex-Mormons on this issue but they don't seem to be robust or exhaustive. I feel like we need a one-stop resource we can send everyone to regarding this issue.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smo ( )
Date: August 08, 2013 03:33PM

+100!!

Posted by: Bobihor ( )
Date: August 08, 2013 04:21PM

I don't know if this exists already, or if similar effort has been undertaken in the past, but I think the ideal website, given the combined knowledge and motivation of the posters on this forum, would be a wiki, ala Wikipedia, or (I hate to say it) the FAIR site.

Imagine the rich and self-correcting resource that would eventually emerge. I think that would be pretty awesome.

Has such an effort ever been undertaken?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.