Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: August 08, 2013 11:24PM

We've all heard the one that says "The natural man is an enemy to God," and of course it's another lie. I want to be a natural man. Here are some of the things I now believe and think.

-I am a natural part of the universe, my origin is the same as all other living things. I am the result of several billion years of natural evolution.

-I am not ashamed of my body, it's functions or my natural motivations.

-I realize that my moral framework and empathy are the result of human evolution and cultural development. It doesn't come from a space wizard or his boy.

-I realize than my motivation to do good comes from myself as a mature human who was fortunate enough to receive parental care and guidance toward that end.

-I owe nothing to any supernatural being or beings, and see no proof of their existence.

-I get pleasure from being good to my fellows. I'm still selfish, though. We all are, and that's only bad if carried to the point that it harms others.

-We were very recently, and for tens of thousands of years part of tribes consisting of perhaps 100 individuals. We now must use our adaptive minds to enlarge that concept. Our tribe must become all of humanity.

All these things I currently consider truth were suppressed and distorted by TSCC, and most churches do the same thing. Being natural and free of false guilt should be our goal now that we're free of it, don't you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 08, 2013 11:31PM

There are very well done.

Kudos to you.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 08, 2013 11:35PM

You don't go get "repaired" when you're not broken. So religion must first convince people they're broken, that they're sinners, that they need to be forgiven snd saved. "No no no, you're NOT fine just the way you are!"

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 12:07AM

to be the devils advocate: anyone who does not believe in original sin has never worked in daycare

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.