Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 10:17AM

Was I the only one who, even as a TBM, called crap on this one?

Behold, thy asins are forgiven thee, and thou art an belect clady, whom I have dcalled.

4 aMurmur not because of the bthings which thou hast not seen, for they are cwithheld from thee and from the world, which is wisdom in me in a time to come.

5 And the office of thy calling shall be for a acomfort unto my servant, Joseph Smith, Jun., thy bhusband, in his cafflictions, with consoling words, in the spirit of dmeekness.

6 And thou shalt go with him at the time of his going, and be unto him for a scribe, while there is no one to be a scribe for him, that I may send my servant, Oliver Cowdery, whithersoever I will.

Sounds an awful lot like Ole Joe wanted to make his wife happy after a fight, so he bs'd a revelation where she was called 'elect.' THen she was told to stop murmuring. God's way of saying "quit your bitching, woman!"

I think Ole Joe was in the dog house when this 'revelation' came to light.

Even as a TBM I felt like this was kinda BS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 10:40AM

"Hey, you are super special--now shut up or else.

P.S. The reason you're super special is because I'm officially making you a footstool for your husband. Good luck"

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 10:59AM

D&C 132 is worse. He'd been caught cheating multiple times and then he comes out with this:

54 And I command mine handmaid, Emma Smith, to abide and cleave unto my servant Joseph, and to none else. But if she will not abide this commandment she shall be destroyed, saith the Lord; for I am the Lord thy God, and will destroy her if she abide not in my law.

Threatening to kill your wife in the name of the Lord?...sounds like a nice guy.

Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 11:06AM

Pretty easy to win an argument if you get to speak in the name of God.

Sorry, honey, hold on. Getting a revelation... God just told me, it was your night to do the dishes. So, you know. do them. Thus saith the lord you will be destroyed yada yada yada... hurry, too. I want some sex.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.