Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 07:55AM

Good for the Youngs. As I recall she has a gay brother and they were vocal opponents of prop 8.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 08:13AM

Like many Americans and many Mormons, Steve Young has shifted his position since 2008. In 2008, his house famously had a No on 8 sign in the yard. He made it clear to the press that it was his wife's thing, not his, and he didn't want his own name affiliated with either side.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4686916

Today, he has joined up with the Mormons for gay marriage movement. That's quite a shift in 5 years.

Since 2008, about 1/6 of Americans have shifted from "no" on marriage to "yes" for gays. Some, like President Obama and Steve Young, have shifted from neutral to pro. Others have completely flipped.

When Prop 8 passed in 2008, MA and were the only states in the US with full marriage equality. Since then, 10 states and DC have added gay marriage, with 2 coming online this month.

There are 12 states recently polled without gay marriage that show a majority of citizens supporting it, 3 of which border Utah: CO, AZ, NV, PA, VA, OR, HI, IL, MI, PA, NJ, VA. There are another 7 states where the opposition is below 50%: MT, WI, MN, IN, OH, NC, FL. That means by 2016 there could be a majority of states with marriage equality, just 12 years after Bush ran on a Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriage and 8 years after Prop 8 passed.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 09:04AM

Except when he was playing, being a rabid Cowboy fan,I wanted him carted off the field...He was so good...

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 03:52PM

I would have loved for Young to have won more, but I am a true blue Cowboys fan.

Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 04:45PM

I grew up in the Dallas Metro. Troy Ackman, Emmet Smith, Micheal Irving, and Deon Sanders was the dream team! Those darn 49's.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.