Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Johnnie Cake ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 05:53PM

At OHS...anyone going?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: antipodeanheathen ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 07:41PM

Who....?

Posted by: Frightened Inmate #2 ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 07:51PM

Don't you know!? He's a special witness of Christ goddammit!

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 09:29PM

well it USED to be a special witness of Christ ( indicating that these officials had actually communed with Christ in person), now its downgraded to the significantly lesser role of official special witness of the name of Christ, but people were NOT supposed to notice this downgrade, .... but Oaks is a real MORmON ASSpostHOLE (in the fullest finest sense of MORmON leadershi-t) thats for sure!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BcmeeK1l8

Date: August 14, 2013 09:42PM

When did they get demoted to only being special witnesses of Christ's name!? The shadows are all wrong, it can't be true!

Funny story: When Dalin visited my mission he had a special meeting for investigators and recent converts. Our mission president had us show up hours early to save seats next to the aisles for our investigators. Because they would be able to shake his hand, feel his special spirit, and it would help them know that the church is true. I saved that seat, sat my investigator down in it and waited for a miracle.
Dalin walked and begrudgingly shook the hand of everybody in that aisle, you could tell he was annoyed and didn't make eye contact with anybody. Turns out the mission president had to plead with him to do it. Then he gave one of the most generic speeches ever and bailed immediately afterwards. The whole chapel started murmuring stuff like "he didn't even wait for the prayer". Our investigator stopped meeting with us shortly after.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2013 10:11PM by Frightened Inmate #2.

Posted by: S. Tissue Trotter ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 09:57PM

To Frightened Inmate #2:

You missed a word; reread lucky's post, looking for the word "name". To have met the person would be remarkable; to just have seen the name somewhere, not so much.

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 03:48PM

Where do you see that they're now called witnesses of the name of Jesus Christ. According to the LDS website:

THE QUORUM OF THE TWELVE APOSTLES is the second-highest governing body in the Church (the First Presidency being the highest). Apostles are special witnesses of Jesus Christ, called to teach and testify of Him throughout the world. They travel frequently, addressing and encouraging large congregations of members and interested nonmembers, as well as meeting with local leaders.

Date: August 15, 2013 06:18PM

Mormoney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where do you see that they're now called witnesses
> of the name of Jesus Christ. According to the LDS
> website:

Well, actually, since you asked, it was from an official LDS Inc source ( I am sure that others can attest to this, I think its been discussed right here on good old RFM, as a search should indicate) just like the source that you showed.

here is part of what I am talking about http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon590.htm

I am confident that LDS Inc really did try out this line of BS no matter how temporary, I'd even bet they will try this again as it suits them as LDS claims fall under more scrutiny. Remember "the new and *EVERLASTING* convenant" of polygamy did even persist 200 hundred years in mainstream MORmONISM.

I am actually tickled with this apparent correction, because that really means that the slimy jerks at LDS Inc. are vacillating even faster than I had reckoned on this key point. They want their MORmON ASSpostHOLES to be taken seriously, but its hard to find REAL SUBSTANCE in to their LDS BS claims that might be taken to task, so they are struggling in their efforts, going back and forth on this. .... Either way they are a going to get their MORmON doctUrinal jello nailed to the wall !

EDIT / UPDATE

LINK

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/topic/quorum-of-the-twelve-apostles

fifth paragraph of the main text body under the picture, or 7th paragraph line overall of the main text body.

"In addition to their primary responsibility to be special witnesses of the name of Christ throughout the world,"

I hope that would lend some cred to what I said.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 07:23PM by lucky.

Posted by: antipodeanheathen ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 08:50PM

Oh! Nobody important then!

Date: August 14, 2013 08:56PM

seriously though, I live maybe 15 minutes away, what is he speaking about? Is it some youth fireside or something?

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 09:32PM

Date: August 14, 2013 09:51PM

I was going to comment on that! WTF, they usually use the Dee events center for when the holy men visit lowly Ogden Utah. OHS is a major downgrade.

Posted by: queenb ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:58PM

yeah, I think you forgot that they remodeled Ogden High. 9 million dollars probably makes it nicer than Dee Events Center.

Posted by: sanitationengineer ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 03:23PM

9 million? Was any of it used for exterior renovations or does the outside still look like an early 20th century gothic prison? If so what a dichotomy - gothic prison on the outside, beautiful art deco on the inside.

Oaks either way brings down the property values all around.

Posted by: queenb ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:44PM

yes, it was 9 million.. they did some stuff on the outside and I think they added something onto it... then extensive remodeling on the inside.

Date: August 15, 2013 08:59PM

9 million dollars ? What's that in City Creek Center dollars?

9 million $ might be the total paper cost just for the actual paper for the paper work for the construction of City Creek Center.

Posted by: truecolor ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 11:36PM

when I went there. Art Deco for sure. I loved looking at the elaborate designs around the stage. To bad it will be defiled by the lawd's lying lawyer speaking.

The school was beautiful with 4 floors, marble hallways and a beautiful library with high windows and a great view.

I would love to see the new renovations. Last time I was there was for my 30 year HS reunion.

Nine Millon is more than the origonal building cost.

Date: August 16, 2013 03:06AM

You mean THIS library with high windows and beautiful views?

http://youtu.be/JXB4jdk_N14

If Oaks is one percent of one percent as entertaining as just this one scene from this movie was, then he will be a real hit!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2013 03:18AM by lucky.

Posted by: Morridora ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 10:44PM

You'd prefer a sports arena to a beautifully restored Art Deco auditorium? Wait. I would too, for Oaks. Only great people should be allowed in the OHS auditorium.

Posted by: Cynthia ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:00PM

True statement! The auditorium is a great distractor, you can't help but be awed by the craftsmanship in that auditorium. Listening to Oaks' bland words can't compete with looking at the beauty of that place.

Date: August 15, 2013 07:34PM

was not Ogden High actually the featured setting in a movie ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5mE2-Mw058

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 08:48PM by lucky.

Posted by: annony ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 09:33PM

I don't know why anyone would put themselves through it, but if you do go, please return and report.

It's usually good for a laugh. Those guys say some of the craziest things.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 12:00PM

Dang. If I wasn't planning on being in Oregon this weekend, I'd go so I could 'return and report' on this. I live 2 minutes from OHS, but I haven't been inside since they remodeled everything.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 12:05PM

I double-dog dare you to go to this fireside and shake Oaks' hand-- and while doing so, give him the first sign of the Aaronic Priesthood. I would pay to see the look on his face!

Posted by: Johnnie Cake ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 12:08PM

BTW... its at 10 AM This Sunday @ OHS if anyone is interesting in sitting at the feet of an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ

(Significant tongue in cheek)

All I'd ask if you do show is be respectful...While Oaks is representing Jesus...we are representing...the Spaghetti Monster...we wouldn't want to do anything that makes our lord and master look bad with potential converts

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 03:46PM

Secretly record it with a camera (or smartphone) if you can. Sometimes there can be real gems to share but they usually don't publish many of these local/regional talks.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:50PM

Hmmmn...tough choice for me, organ donation day down at the hospital vs. Oaks speech...I'll go w/ the former.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:54PM

Aw, c'mon! Can't somebody take one for the team and go see Elder Oaks? I'd do it if I didn't live on the other side of the country. Pretty please?

Posted by: Cynthia ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:08PM

Is this for a stake conference? With the Ogden tabernacle under construction our stake met at our local high school for conference. Just wondering.

Posted by: oncewasblind ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 06:01PM

What an asshole!! Who the hell does this jerkoff think he is?? A special witness of Christ?? I dont think so.

Date: August 15, 2013 10:50PM

"I don't think so" is a registered trademark of Hi Class managment inc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D421N6xlisg

Posted by: nomo_angelchaps ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 06:11PM

Special witness...HA! My SIL worked for him many years ago and he couldn't keep his hands off of her. What a JOak! HA! I think he was training for the next life with his hundreds of wives. I bet he has it all down by now. Maybe we should all get sealed to him after he dies and give him a run for his money.
Seriously, I have no respect for the man (or any of them for that matter.)

Posted by: Chloe ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 06:14PM

Here lies Dallin Oaks.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.