Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 10:57PM

Like a bunch of mormons! "She not one of us".one of us,one of us! She must be stupid or crazy not to be like us. All I ask for was alittle respect,,that ship sailed. You want to know the REAL CORE Value in why I hold on to such "archaic" Beliefs? CAUSE IM AFRAID I'LL KILL MY SELF!! 4 6years I was homeless after lossing my kids to peterpriesthood! There were mornings I'd wake up & say"today I will not kill myself" Ive had cancer & had siezures! So Kiss my a@@,you elists!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:03PM

I believe in God and His Son.

Not everyone here is an atheist.

We all visit here for different reasons and not all of us wear our beliefs on our sleeves...for various reasons.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:05PM

That may best be gotten from professionals. Please call the number listed in one of the stickies above.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:05PM

Just FYI. I don't really know what this is all about, but I do know that calling everyone on the site THE WORST INSULT POSSIBLE isn't really a great way to find acceptance, which is what it sounds like you're after.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:08PM

Hello again cowardlylion,

I agree with you in your upset. You were looking for emotional validation, and instead you got a lot of anti stuff and intellectualizing (not by all but by some).

PLEASE do NOT do anything to hurt yourself, you have come through SO much. Don't let a few people get you down. You know there are lots of people who care.

I want you to get better and enjoy life again, I REALLY do!!

Take care love,

I am thinking of you.

Lynn

Posted by: sizterh ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:14PM

I didn't follow all of your posts but I am Christian. I hope you feel better. Sorry you are upset.

Posted by: xnorth ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:24PM

Oh good grief. Not again.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:25PM

Going by your comments, I think you have genuinely suffered (which would make you one of "us").

As it is, I feel no need and/ or want to discount your claims of that. I hope you can find some relief.

I used to work at night, outside, driving around the valley to various places for my work. I constantly encountered the homeless. It broke my heart.

Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:32PM

Ok.sorry bout the blowup. And since Im not sure how to link posts. Ill try to explain. Someone posted earlier that some aitheists were being rude(Im paraphraising). I agreed. And said 4 me life who seem meaningless w/o God. WCG took ofense,thought I ment all aithists lives were meaningless. I tried to explain myself & It just got worse! I didnt want to hit on all my personal problems, But It felt like they were chidding me. So thats why I lashed out. You can find the other post today. Ok OK 1 &2

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 12:18AM

The comment by wcg wasn't meant to be offensive, as she explained further down that thread. She said she was trying to be "conversational".

Quite often when we feel taken aback by someone's reply, if we go back to it later or on another day it comes across differently. Likely it's because it's us that have changed our outlook, maybe feeling brighter the next day than we did on the previous one. I find that in real life too. Some days we are the crabby ones and every comment makes us snarl. Most people here are trying to help, from my observations over many years. wcg, in particular, often reaches out to people. Her own life situation has made her sensitive to the needs of others and their pain. That's why I'd like to clear up any misunderstanding about what she said or meant on the other thread.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 12:30AM

That was my impression too. That she seemed to want to know if you knew what you were communicating.

My take on it anyways.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:37PM

I didn't read the other posts. But, just so you know, I understand what it's like to not get support in places that you think or expect would give it.

I don't know what I believe as far as God/no God. I've come to the conclusion that if it's important for me to know of his/her/it's existence they will have to speak clearly to me. I'm kind of dense that way. If God made me, he'll already know that, and speak to me in a way that leaves me not questioning. So far, nothing.

I've been down some of the same hard roads that you have. Still, God is silent. If he's speaking to me, he forgot to let me in on it. Like you, i've survived. If you saw me now you would say that many miracles have played out in my life. Maybe. IDK.

I think that RFM can be a soft place to fall sometimes. However there are those that want to pick a fight and make a stand and a scene wherever and whenever they can. They don't really care how it plays out on the other end. I suppose they could argue that it's there way of recovery.

There are many gentle, wounded souls that can't take any more rage directed at them. It could end up being a tipping point. They don't seem to care about that. They have a point to make, and sometimes will choose what they perceive as the weakest link and go after them. It makes them feel powerful. Apparently they need that, and don't care at whose expense they get it.

That can prevent some that really need nothing more than a listening ear to not come to a place where there are people who can give them the care and compassion they need, but have never had. It can be difficult for some to speak up because they can't or don't want to deal with bullies. There are plenty of bullies in this world. Some of them show up here. I suppose it's their way of coping. IDK.

None of us have all the answers. If we did, we wouldn't be here on RFM. We are looking for the answers that help US. If we knew what they were, we wouldn't be putting ourselves out there. IMO it's unconscionable to bully and run people off who have put themselves out there and are truly searching for a way to exist in this world that works for us. Maybe they have strong opinions, but when they use that to squash anyone who is putting out questions and feelers to try and find their place in the world I think they are making a mistake.

Usually I don't put my opinions and ideas out on this board. Mostly I tell stories of my experiences. There are some people who can't even tolerate that! Whatever, my experiences and how I perceive them are mine. They can think whatever they want about that, it doesn't change what happened.

I wrote all of that, to say, don't be intimidated or shut down because others think different. So they don't agree. According to the Mormon church there are 14 million people that don't agree with me.

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:43PM

Hey, Cowardly Lion. I just want to say that it sounds like you need more help than this site can give. I hope you know where to turn. I'm so sorry for your heartache. I am. As far as the atheism/theism is concerned, yes, many on this site are agnostic/atheist. Like me. I was TMB for 31 years. Keep in mind that, as far as religion is concerned, most of us have just f*%$#@* had it. Most of us were TBM for decades, and cried to a god who didn't seem to listen or care, or reward us for our loyalty. We can't keep chasing a carrot that is pulled away when we get close. We are no longer satisfied with "just believe." We trusted, we prayed, we payed. And WE HAVE HAD IT.

That being said, I support your right to believe in a god and in an afterlife if it adds value to you. As for me, there is a poster who said it beautifully, "I gave up eternity, and got this life back." Amen. Take care and you are okay. You really are. You have value. Talk to us.

Posted by: paintingintheWIN ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:45PM

often full of irritable people, and they (or we, myself included sadly for my ego) often aren't 'nice. They're irritable. Grieiving. Griping. People. Suffering.

Can I tell you a joke? Its true, its a true story. (yes irritableones, another narrative. I'm all about stories.) Yesterday or the day before, I asked who is my guide? What is the name of my angel? Do I get to know? My husband says I do, he asked, what? nobody told you the name of your angel? His mother told him a name for his. LOL I felt guilt talking with angels instead of Heavenly Father as a young tbm wife, nobody suggested when I was at church that I even rated, or warranted my own angel. After all, everyone had to share ONE Holy Ghost & if we went wrong that sucker would leave. LOL Not sounding GO-oood! at all. So,
back to the day, before yesterday. I asked space, who is my angel what is your name. & I heard a thought Simon. What ! Simon Says I yell inside myself. Of c ourse- that's the best you can make up LOL that's obviously me talking to myself & that's the best I can do- SimON! Come on! incredulous at my own internal humor, I turn over and go back to sleep.

The next day, I have moment with my husband. Talking with him, I tell my silly tale. He quietly turns his head, and said of course. after I say Simon. I didn't get to tell my sarcastic joke- he said you've had a lot of suffering. Simon is the saint, patron saint of suffering.

omg. so you don't think this is silly I asked him. How did you know? what? he asked, not mocking me at all, who Simon the saint is? Ah book of stories about saints my mother read to me when I was young, great pictures she kept by the fireplace.

no one hardly believes the suffering within our lives, within our past, sometimes, even now. & scorn & contempt they roll like ocean waves.
sometimes it seems to me, apparently those barely containing their suffering can't hardly suffer someone else to live call them a fool instead.

I'm just sayin

Its a whole life of stuff out there. This board to me is about getting it on into coffee, into c ream, into chocolate latte, alot, gettin out of the mormon crypt while there's still some coffee and cream and computers.

Posted by: paintingintheWIN ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 12:14AM

I think he was just being polite.

We all could use a little more of that over here. come on. He says, in hindsight, I'm sorry, I think it was st sebastian that was pierced by arrows. Its ok, you were deaf and didnt' have a hearing aide when you heard the story. He laughs quietly.

about those with different perceptions receiving un welcoming reception here, on this, board- how ironic is it that it stands where any exmormons who grieved their unwelcome status in LDS community & family, the name calling, the blaming, the shunning, would dare shun, blame, attempt on line a 'stare'

hey- stranger- you're (sob) different - you aren't me- you think differently- are you the same chromosomes- no, religion? no? anti religion? no? region? no?

I've expressed great frustration through the years at the invisibility or extreme negativity, the extreme sense of undesirability- for being me. for having the audacity to survive. and have physicial illness, to have children with illness. it isn't something you talk about or are supported expressing- people in the CHURCH just retract by surgery 12 or 13. Just drop in burn out staring at you let alone caring for you. LOL

but on this board? why does that have to be re in acted on this board? I don't get that & I disagree with it.

atually it makes me hurl- just like a real estate agent telling me where to rent in an eastern oregon town- who wanted to know what race I was if she would put me which side of the rail road track- like white or mexican or black. imagine the life of my kids trying to raise them here- so I gave them back their counseling contract & turned around came home which isn't the best but my kids have been richly blessed.

telling someone who is as exmo as you, & this being an exmo board, that they neeed to refer to another board? is like the real estate agent telling me which side of the tracks I need to stay on at night if I'm mexican black or white. That's how it reads to me ok. I'm telling you without apology its that offensive.

so lets exmos put the fences up who goes where? who does the sorting? undesirables elsewhere? & that would be, up to? - you? How offensive that an exmo on the board referred an exmo to exit regardless of their sacrifice for leaving the church- for have a tbm marraige fail- for having a tbm turn on them & get their kids probably sue for child support for the kids the church made her give her body her time & life to make-
& YOU or ANYONE tell her, to leave the exmo board/

real? is this real?

oh- I get it- its not a place for women? Is this a male exmo board? not dealing with issues of women hetero bi or lesbian women's needs don't matter- women who have wombs- don't matter here? is THAT IT

what an offensive response to someone who came to this place- who started in the same place as anyone else here- the lds church.

Date: August 15, 2013 06:42AM

I don't see where anyone said to leave the board. There is a suggestion to look for adequate assistance in the right places (i.e., not here in some cases, for some issues). That is a realistic assessment of what someone may need, many of us, in fact. Again, it's a matter of managing our own expectations of this board and finding the right places to meet our needs. RfM can be part of that, for some of us, but not likely all of that for everybody. That is different from telling someone to get off the board, if that's what you read into some of the comments.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: August 14, 2013 11:53PM

There jerks here and there are nice people. If you stick around,you will learn who is who and who you want to avoid. You need to decide if the good outweighs the bad for you. There are religious people here, but they tend to be quieter than some of the more outspoken atheists. There are also some very nice atheists.Don't judge everyone by a few.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 01:10AM

I've enjoyed your posts!

And your questions!

As to be "christian".

I believe in God. I am not religious!

I am spiritual.
I was spiritutal when I was in the TSCC and the Lord led me out of the snare of the corporation of the TSCC.

I don't get how a poster on another thread sweepingly said "Most or all people on this board are atheist or agnostic."

Not true!

It's just that people have been deeply burned by the lies of the TSCC. So they use their 'scientific' mind to get them out of the TSCC and decide that ALL belief in a "higher power" is BS because it can't be "proved" to their thin measuring stick.

They feel very threatened apparently and flame, redicule and deride anyone who claims to have had prayers answered or any other spiritual experience!

We need to just pop another bowl of popcorn and see how this world plays out.

As for me and my house...I'm not following a religion....but I will follow what I consider promptings from God or higher self ...... it hasn't led me wrong yet...

My prayers get answered. I have to be careful of what I pray for...:D!

Posted by: snowyowl ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 01:10AM

Yes, Cowardlylion, there are many warm caring people here as this thread shows. I like what you post and want you to keep posting! Your feelings are valid and they just "are". We feel what we feel until we feel something different. I hope you are feeling the warmth and caring being sent your way now.

Posted by: extman ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 01:19AM

I'm so very sorry. I didn't realize the extent of your suffering and I responded inappropriately. I hope things start to go well for you.
Hang on and things will start to get better. Dont worry about silly people like me. you are a priceless human being. Give yourself the gift completely totally accepting yourself.

please forgive me

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 01:42AM

Awwwwww. That's so sweet!

;o)

Posted by: jl1718 ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 02:01AM

This is the same lady who has multiple accounts. She writes up a crazy ass statement, and then replies to herself..... The administrators of this site have already mentioned it if you scroll down to previous posts the last couple days...... I would encourage everyone to stop replying to her.

Posted by: q ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 12:09PM

Cowardly lion is NOT the same poster as warned about by Susan I/S. If you have diffrrent information u should post it.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:43AM

J11718,

Where is this information?

Posted by: q ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 10:05AM

You must not have read the list.... cowardly lion is NOT one of those screen names.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 06:11AM

I did not read the other thread, but the Mormon God is not the God of Christianity. There is no similarity. I am Christian too and feel that any former Mormon who still thinks there may be a God should go to and have experiences in a real Christian church to see if that brings them any peace. Or they can experience God in the mtns. the beach, at a lake, whatever. Worshiping in a bldg. is not necessary. But many like that one hr. group experience, the sermon, etc. In reality it is your actions on this earth that show if you are a good person.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 10:47AM

I'm sorry you've experienced so much pain and suffering and hope you find, at least, a measure of peace, Cowardly Lion.

Many of us here hurt. Many of us here have experienced much pain and suffering. Do you realize saying, "OMG you all sound Like a bunch of mormons!" (your words) is just as cruel for some people here to hear as what you are accusing others of saying to you? Some people strike out when they are hurting, and from those words you posted, I would count you in that group, so is it okay for some to do it and not others?

I didn't see anyone saying CL didn't belong here, just suggesting other help might be expedient. If someone has suicidal ideation, they need a very specific kind of help. Discouraging them from getting that help is irresponsible, imo.

The confusion is understandable with the puppets for the poster Admin mentioned in the link posted by "T," even though CL is not one of those puppets. The sock-puppeteer demanded this board be all about love and support but then turned around and accused us all of acting like a bunch of Mormons when she didn't get the replies she deemed worthy of her. Not particularly loving. She also unfairly (imo) called out WCG.

There is a fine line between offering support and enabling behavior that keeps a person stuck in learned helplessness.

That's my two cents. You can keep the change.

Date: August 15, 2013 01:14PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.