Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 11:36AM

What normal people do when they feel they are not being listened to is many things that are not abuse: wait, repeat themselves, walk away, write a note for later... Many things, but none of those things include hitting.
In fact there is a big problem in my own relationship with not being heard, but I would never hit my husband, and he is literally twice as big as me.
It is a lovely opportunity when he does eventually get my message for me to say "I told you so!"

But your girlfriend, anono, can't delay that satisfaction and throws a temper tantrum including hitting you and herself!
I am no professional, but this suggests to me that she is stalled at an early stage of emotional development and really needs to learn how to deal with frustration better.

Please get her some help! Or leave as others have suggested.
DEFINITELY leave if she so much as raises a hand in a threat to hit you but then pauses. Some covertly abusive people like to "train" others to jump in order to avoid being abused, don't let yourself become her trained little marionette. Stop walking on egg shells.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.