Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 03:07PM

There is a tread about women wearing their bras over or under their garments and a bishop taking away the woman's temple recommend because she wears her bra next to her skin.

I would think before a bishop would be allowed to take a temple recommend away from a women because of were the bra is worn, the bishop would have to have proof the woman did not follow his instructions over a period of time. Does this require visual inspections? Does he have to check and make sure his fingers feel skin, garments, bra in that order? Is this a normal part of a temple recommend for women to have their breast examined? What happens if the woman had breast enlargement? Would the Bishop have to hold a court of love? Would he need to inspect her breast?

This sound so strange but somehow believable. Why do women put up with such perverts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 03:08PM

More suborbination to the cult!

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 03:22PM

I doubt this...

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 03:43PM

Here's the thread about the perverted bishop.
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a43899340/bra_over_garments

Posted by: queenb ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:28PM

no, bishops dont physically "check" anything. It's just whatever you tell them. I find it strange that he even asked that though, I think they generally just ask you if you are wearing the garments correctly.

anyways, I was taught that you were to wear the bra over top of the garments.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:35PM

Actually they read a statement on the correct wearing of the garment. Unless a member volunteered the conundrum (what comes first, the garment or the bra), the Bishop wouldn't even think about this matter.

Having viewed the blog entry I realize the sister volunteered this information. I find this as disturbing as the Bishop's alleged response.

Where's the husband?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 04:40PM by Doubting Thomas.

Posted by: anon 21 ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:35PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/173041509520054/
Wings of Karen: Bras over shirts.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:36PM

Ooooooh god these stories of power-trippin' bishops really whip-up my rebellious streak.

<fantasy mode>

If I was that Mormon woman from the babycenter thread...

I'd ask for another meeting with the bish and show up wearing my bra, not only over my garments but my normal clothes as well. You know, just to prove that my bra was indeed not coming between me and my magical holy underwear!

</oh i wish>

Posted by: Rowell back ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:39PM

I always laughed at the garments should never touch the floor instructions and keep them sacred mentality.

Don't they know garments cover your ass? Which is why I find it odd they want you to wear them while doing yard work.

You can't do yardwork on a hot day and keep your garments sacred at the same time.

Garments = one more sign of stupidity, yea even a sure sign of stupidity.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:48PM

I think this is something that may have changed in the last 10 or 15 years.

When I went through in 1991, I was specifically told that the bra goes over the garments, because the garments were supposed to be the only thing next to your skin. But I know of a number of women who went through after 1998 who were told to do whatever they felt comfortable with, so most of them wore their bra underneath the garmie top.

Now we need a TOTM with garments thread.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:59PM

Bras are engineered to grip, not slip. Otherwise, they lose their ability to support. My friend insists that this is why Mormon women have such saggy breasts. I say it is caused by having too many children, and breast feeding until they become pregnant with the next.

OT, there's a little room, where the sacrament meeting talks are piped in, and the women sit and breast feed. Everyone knows how they wear their garments.

I had a man snap my bra at church once. He said, "I wouldn't be able to do that, if you were wearing your garments properly."

No respect.

Posted by: queenb ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:07PM

WTF??? I am struggling to even find words... that story makes me livid! When was this, recently?

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:28PM

That room in our church building is smaller than my bedroom closet at home. Heck, it's smaller than the building's janitorial closet. It's long enough for two chairs to be squished up next to each other with barely enough room between them and the front wall to walk.

And what the heck? Bra snapping at work is grounds for sexual harassment.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:40PM

Unbelievable!

I think I was in Jr High the last time I had my bra snapped which suggests that that's where Mr Boundary Violator's mentality is still at.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:50PM

Really? Really? Really?

Why would anybody want to stay in a religion that tells you what kind of underwear to use, and how to use it?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.