Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: s4711 logged out ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 03:26PM

If under underwear, does it become primary underwear (thus necessitating a taxonomy for undergarments such that primary, secondary, and even tertiary underwears proliferate)?

If over, than it must not really be underwear after all.

What of a tampon or pad? Should these be worn over or under underwear--I mean, garments? If garments should be close to the skin, than these should be worn over garments. Perhaps TSCC will consider adding this to its invasive questions list.

Isn't it absurd that this is even an issue--and that multiple threads about this subject have already proliferated on this board today?

As they say in Latin: "Semper ubi, sub ubi."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 03:32PM

Good question. If it's such an issue, why doesn't the Church just redesign the top with some extra support-- and maybe some padding to prevent pokies?

Posted by: queenb ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 06:20PM

tbh, im surprised that TSCC hasn't started making garments with built in bras... seems like it would save them the trouble of the whole "over or under" debate. AND, bonus!! it would take away even more of their members freedoms!!

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 08:00PM

Prevent pokies? BLASPHEMY!

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 06:33PM

In the interest of total TMI, I will share with you all my experiences, as I was an endowed TBM woman for more than two decades.

The tampon is worn inside one's person, therefore bypassing the "next to the skin" problem as the garment is still next to the skin of The Area. The pad is worn on the inside of the garment, of course, in order to protect the garment. It slips and slides, and falls partway down the leg of the wearer, thereby causing a giant mess and lots of embarassment.

And yes, my endowment lecture from the temple matron included stern instructions NOT to wear panties under the garment during my period. And since it was too ridiculous to wear them over my garments, I just made do for over 20 years.

I'm childless, so I have no idea how the hell women function in garments when they're pregnant or nursing. I can't even imagine...

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 07:17PM

It ISN"T EASY, beleive me. SO uncomfortable! When nursing, you HAD to wear a bra and nursing pads next to the skin, or you would have been changing your garment tops 10 times a day!! Ewwww!!!!

Posted by: Rowell back ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 07:56PM

If the lamanites can go from being the primary ancestors of the American Indians to being among the primary ancestors of the American Indians then I can surely change garments.

Put the square and compass on the bra.
Move the navel mark to the waist band of the panty (style to be determined by the individual)
Modify the wording to remind the patron to kneel and bow when they are among god and all of his wives.

There you have it brothers and sister...

Oh wait, I seem to have left those evil shoulders bare!

Shiznits, back to the drawing board...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.