Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 07:55PM

Wst of all;Im sorry for using the "M" word when I flew off the handle. It has been a rocky 2 mos.w/many twists & turns. 2nd I'd like to apologise to WCG. . Part of the problem is my smart ph. only takes about 350 characters a post. So I have to cont. posts. I had only done half my post,so as a result I felt called out. I realize that was not the case!3rd Im sorry 4 airing dirty fam laudry. I think I felt like it's interwoven w/moism.& I had vented enough about tscc.so that was next.As for couseling...

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 15, 2013 08:03PM

SEE I can only do so much at a time. Yes counseling would be good for me. Aside from having some bad experiances w/counselors. Living in the belly of the beast,Im 90% sure Id get an lds counselor. Ive calling their crisis line,And if I ask them if their LDS they always stammer than so no. But when I talk about tscc,you can hear the disbelief & tension in their voices. Needless to say I have trust issues w/that! I would also like to thank those who apologized or expressed support 4 me. It helped alot! THX!!!

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 08:05PM

Just so all y'all know.

Date: August 15, 2013 08:07PM

THANK YOU!!!

Date: August 15, 2013 08:16PM

PS. Just so you know,I think I do understand about the praying &pleading before god, & it not working. I mentioned to my TBM DD that I thought If I did everything rights, god would open up the heavens &solve all my problems. She laughted(rather arigontly) & said thats not the church teaches! I said really have u read the BoM & OT!?!It is frusterating making sense out of things. I guess Im a universalist, I dont believe any one religion has all the answers. And I dont think anyones going to hell for atheism.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 08:10PM

So a Lannister is not a Stark?

Posted by: extman ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 08:15PM

I am just glad that you are OK. I worried a lot last night about you. I struggle everyday with urges and thoughts to kill myself, but I'm too indecisive and so I'm able to find reasons to keep going. Anyway, so I felt for you.

Date: August 15, 2013 08:24PM

OH Thanks! And Im so srry You have to deal w/that too! Its hard have a choice like that hanging over your head. One thing that keeps me going,Is that its perminant! No takey backsies! But Ya 2 members of my dads family had & my dads death is questionable.Best THOUGHTS & HUGGS to YOU! lara

Posted by: snowyowl ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 09:58PM

Cowardlylion, You are the opposite of cowardly. You are brave because you express yourself, because you are facing and dealing with multiple challenges. Also you seem very caring and insightful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 10:27PM by snowyowl.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 10:50PM

Lovely to hear you are feeling better love. YOu sound SO much better. You take care of yourself, there are LOTS of us who care about you here.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 11:29PM

The funny thing is, CL, I really don't care if someone believes in God. Some people need to. Take my sister, for instance. She has lost two children in two separate car accidents. One was her 3 year old son and she was driving. The other was her teenage daughter who had pulled a scam on her and wasn't where she told her she would be. It's unfortunate that the God my sister believes in is the Mormon God. He blesses her with hope then damns her with guilt.

It is my hope that your God and your faith in this God only blesses you.

p.s. Apology not necessary, but thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 11:44PM by wine country girl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.