Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jonathantech ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 11:16PM

Referrals.

Do it sort of like a flash dance and have tons of people just enter names from the white pages into the missionary referral system.

We should do it with public officials to stating that good old Mitt Romney wanted them to hear the gospel. Just imagine how quickly a new anti-proselytizing law would get introduced. It would be bad PR for the church.

Unfortunately, If it was found out it would also could be bad PR for exmormon's, and the church could spin it as Satan opposing their missionary efforts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 11:16PM by jonathantech.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 11:26PM

Inside the States, the Supreme Court has already ruled that religious groups have a constitutional right to go door to door for proselyting, so long as they leave, once they are asked by the homeowner. It's part of their First Amendment rights. You are not going to get any laws passed.

However, I have a much much better idea. Send missionaries referrals to places they don't want to go. Make sure to include strip clubs, adult bookstores, bars, swimming pools, coffee shops, gay bars, other churches, and other such dens of inequity.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 11:28PM

Some of my friends actually did this while on their missions. Pressure was so high to find and teach new investigators that they actually copied random people's names from the phonebook and reported in paperwork turned in each week, the teaching of lessons to those people. Of course, those people never went all the way to baptism. But the other numbers all looked good.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 11:55PM

Now you’ve got me thinking….

At the adult strip club they could inquire after “Honey Jamm”

At the flower shop ask for “Pete Moss” the owner!

Over at the DMV they need to ask for “Arthur I. Tiss”

Send them to McDonalds to ask for “Patricia ‘Patty’ Mealt”

Over at the Marijuana Clinic they could be asking for “Marie Janes”

At Joes Bar and Grill they could be asking for “Brandy Streightup”

Or how about “Ben T. Over”?

Or “Annie Infree”?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.