Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 03:00PM

1) were you asked about 'unnatural acts', with your spouse?

2) were these specified (anal sex and/or oral sex)

3) what area/country was this in

4) when did these questions stop being asked?

thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 03:02PM

But while we're on the subject, I heard that they use to ask pre-missionaries about bestiality in the 70s or 80s. Any stories there from anyone?

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 03:06PM

Or at least that's how I saw it.

1 & 2) The ones I remember were mostly pretty innocuous and "unnatural acts" was not mentioned, at least in my case.

3) This was in a big city in the upper Midwest.

4) When I left the cult.

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 03:06PM

I was in northern Idaho in about 1983 and was asked about "unnatural acts." I told the bish I didn't know what he was driving at and didn't want to open it up to a whole discussion about what he thought was unnatural. He backed off and said if I didn't know what he was talking about then I probably wasn't doing anything unnatural.

So the whole thing was avoided by me being so innocent. If oral sex was part of the definition of unnatural I guess I would have failed the interview.

Posted by: Otremer ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 03:09PM

Nah, it's ALL natural, except for the supernatural stuff.

Posted by: brookside ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 03:09PM

Back in the 80, my bish asked me about the m word. He asked me if I had any problem with it.

I told him I didn't have any problem with it (of course I didn't tell him I did it still).

So I passed my TR interview.

When I got to the temple to take out my endowment, I felt kind of like Joseph Smith did when thick darkness gathered around.

Posted by: nomomoses ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 03:11PM

When I was in high school, my mother came home from an interview where the bishop asked if she & my dad have oral sex. She asked me what it was. She later stated she found out he was out of line in that questioning. This is in SE Idaho.

Since some of the GAs started talking about unnatural acts as not being appropriate, some bishops started asking questions. Kind of like those that would ask about Coke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2011 03:12PM by nomomoses.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 03:12PM

1) were you asked about 'unnatural acts', with your spouse?

NO. Never.

2) were these specified (anal sex and/or oral sex)

No, Never.

3) what area/country was this in

So.CA

4) when did these questions stop being asked?

Never been asked, ever.

I had a temple recommend for several decades- part of the 60's through 90's. These kinds of questions are not on the Temple Recommend list and no interviewer ever diviated from them in a TR interview that I attended.
Sometimes an interviewer would ask a question not on the TR, but I never felt any obligation to answer it. I found it was totally inappropriate anyhow.

One example: one of the members of the Stake Presy asked at the end of the TR after he had signed it and gave it to me: "Do you tel lyour husband you love him every day."

As I was putting the TR in my purse, thought to myself..wow, that was a very, very odd question, so as I was getting up to leave, I said:
"If he doesn't know I love him by now, he is not paying attention", smiled and left as he mumbled something about how we men need to hear it...
I just figured he needed his wife to tell him she loved him! :-)
But maybe she didn't! Who knows.
The whole thing was just bizarre. I made sure I never went to an interview with him again.

Posted by: Vashti ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 09:13PM

This passage from the link is just too good:

"Too many Latter-day Saints today somehow believe they can stand with one hand touching the walls of the temple while the other hand fondles the unclean things of the world...I plead with you, put both hands on the temple. Put your arms around the temple, and hang on for dear life to your family dream. If you don’t, the tigers will come at night and tear your dreams apart."

LOL! They always manage to word things in such a creepy and melodramatic way!

(sung to Alanis Morissette's "Hand in Pocket"): "I've got one hand on the temple and the other one's fondling unclean things!"

Posted by: jeffnlb ( )
Date: January 30, 2011 12:51AM

That line about the tigers coming at night and tearing your dream apart. Isn't that a line from I Dreamed A Dream from Les Miserables?

Jeez, those Mormons will plagiarize anything!

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: January 30, 2011 07:28PM

How very clever of them to conjure up the image of Fantine from Les Miserables. She has a child out of wedlock, is left by the father, has to place the child in foster care with a couple who neglect and abuse her, and she becomes a prostitute to provide for her child. Loses her teeth too if I remember the real story from the novel.

So that's why "the tigers come at night and tear your dreams apart."

Date: January 30, 2011 08:12PM

Cougars on the other hand... ;)

Date: January 30, 2011 08:46PM

Both the book and the musical are incredible. Everyone should read that book.

Posted by: tmi ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 03:29PM

I told him that I liked to stick my finger in my wife's arse while in the doggie position.

Posted by: roflmao ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 03:37PM

Wow Freevolved,

That was amazing link...

I have been engaging in a great time bedwise for a long time and thanks to experts I have read, forgot all the "dire warnings"

Sex, in my opinion is good.

My wife and I are closer, happier and more playful.

This makes our marriage more secure, and better for our kids, who see us loving, playful and happy!

It's good for physical health, emotional health and family health.

The worst interviews were when I was a kid. Not the temple interviews, largely because I didn't do any of the forbidden stuff at the time.

Now I see them as sick, sick, sick.

Posted by: anointed one ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 07:07PM

....and particularly to cite oral sex as 'unnatural perverse and wrong'. Within a short period (a few months) this direction was withdrawn and priesthood leaders were asked not to delve deeply into what went on between spouses. Obviously they had received an avalanche of complaints (as they did with forbidding cola drinks).

However, the Brethren's horror at the thought of oral sex was still prevelant in the 2000s and probably is today. In 2001 a prominent GA said to me with an expression of disgust " how can anyone put their mouth in such a place?" Well, I guess that is his and his wife's loss. Why shouldn't a loving spouse wish to give their partner as much pleasure as they can, out of love for them.For some it can be a great expression of love and bring a couple even closer.

Date: January 29, 2011 08:51PM

I was pretty sure they asked for awhile, but like you said stopped after not to long.

Yeah, I 100% still believe most if not all of the GA's believe that it's wrong. Granted I think Packer giving or getting oral from anyone is wrong; other than that, oral is GREAT ;)

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 09:05PM

"However, the Brethren's horror at the thought of oral sex was still prevelant in the 2000s and probably is today. In 2001 a prominent GA said to me with an expression of disgust " how can anyone put their mouth in such a place?"

I agree that GA's genitals seem pretty disgusting!
The GA's are supposed to lead by example, so to prevent horrible oral sex from ever happening to a GA they should have their disgusting genitals surgically removed!

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 07:53PM

quized about everything, "all unnatural acts disqualify you for attendance in the temple, this comes straight from the First Presidency" he went on and on and on and on in graphic terms. It was gross

SLC

I never went back to that SP ever again. He was promoted to MP soon after....

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 08:59PM

I think it was in the 70's. Kimball had started to make waves about improper sex practices.

He had this good friend. They were both young & newly married & trying to do the MORmON thing in So cal.
They both agreed to get recommends & attend the temple together on a regular basis. My friend & his wife got their recommend as planned. My friend called his buddy to see how things where going & to find out when they could go to the temple.
It was bad news. the other couple had been denied a recommend by their bishop who asked some pointed questions about their personal sexual practices & discovered they indulged in oral sex. My friend disclosed that he & his wife likewise indulged but that it had not been in an issue in their Temple Rec. interview. It came down to how individual bishops handled things.

This caused a lot of trouble, confusion & consternation among Mormons.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 09:04PM

And I never found a sex instruction manual.

ps. my span prevention code for this one is fukdj. lol.

Posted by: roflmao ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 09:32PM

You know what sucks ( pun intended) ?

They won't publish a list, a chart, a comprehensive guide

You may kiss here, here, and here. Not here

You may pinch this. Not this

No blowing, anything!

Penetrate, here, ONLY!

Stiff and throbbing tab (A)

Wet and quivering slot (B)

Ten to twenty strokes, repeat if needed.

Pray for forgiveness. Weep, gnash teeth, repent if you enjoyed anything you did together.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: January 30, 2011 12:00AM

Hey, yo. Tithing troubles a heckuva lotta people, am I right or what.

And I know folks've asked about it, right?

So that means anyone who's ever like asked anything about tithing needs to like KNOCK OFF PAYIN IT!

Yer pal,
reggie@dangimacleverdog.com

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 30, 2011 09:44AM

WHenever this was brought up im YW, I asked, "WHat do you mean by unnatural practices?" The teacher would hem and haw and dodge the question entirely.

Left to my own graphic imagination, I assumed it had to do with things like S and M, costumes, that kinda fun stuff.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 30, 2011 09:52AM

However, I was asked about masturbation about every other time I went in for a worthiness interview from 1980-2000. The last time, I was on my way out of the Church, so I just admitted to the big M. Bishop took away my temple recommend and wanted to see me every month for six months before giving it back. Then he called my then wife and tried to crank her up about it. She told him that he ought to be ashamed of himself calling her about a thing like that and trying to stir up trouble in our marriage, and that all men masturbate including him.

I'm not sure if the masturbation question is part of the standard questions. I think they are just curious and want to know sometimes. Okay, about half the time. Because that same bishop caused a lot of trouble in the ward asking people if they were watching rated R movies and then refusing temple recommends. One woman jumped up and snatched a piece of paper out of his hands saying, "That's not a worthiness interview question! Lemme see that!"

There are a set of fairly innocuous temple interview questions, but of course leaders feel empowered in their callings to go off script, they often do, and the Church never chastises them for doing so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 09:53AM by Makurosu.

Posted by: fallible ( )
Date: January 30, 2011 10:17AM

Of course if you had seen Sis Peterson it really was a good call on his part. :)

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: January 30, 2011 11:41AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 11:42AM by wine country girl.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: January 30, 2011 02:41PM

All you see is an office door, but the dialogue balloon says: "Suck, Ethel, suck! Blow is just a figure of speech!!"

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 30, 2011 09:00PM

I was in a very large military branch in a very large military district under the Japan Fukuoka Mission. The district president was a controlling lout named Doug D. (rhymes with "Parnell"), a captain in the USAF. He was all full of himself and a total a$$hole. He made all kinds of changes as if it were his own church. The wimpy mission president left him completely unfettered despite complaints.

The DP changed the temple recommend questions to ask all kinds of stuff outside the normal questions, to include:
- Do you practice oral sex?
- Have you ever had sex with an animal?
- Do you ever practice anal sex?

It wasn't but a year or so afterward that Mormon leadership announced in the priesthood session of general conference that the practice of embellishing the temple recommend questions had to stop. I always wondered if this guy was the cause, but of course it would have been many such guys who were full of themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 09:01PM by cludgie.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.