Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pixie Dust ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 10:37AM

that I am filled with hurt and anger. The person I spoke with is NOT LDS.

And I explained both the positives (which I admit were few: Public speaking experience being one) and the negatives (which, of course out weigh the positives).

Even presenting BOTH sides, I was still found lacking. Sigh!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 10:58AM

This is when I think "creative misunderstanding" is an excellent option. Pretend to misunderstand them and say something along the lines of "Oh, I TOTALLY understand why you think that. Mormons can be so nasty to those who leave the church that a lot of people who do leave feel hurt and misunderstood by the way they were treated by Mormons they thought were their friends. But I've worked very hard to be patient with them and have no hard feelings. You just have to think of them as little kids who just don't realize how badly their behaving and then you can rise above their behavior and be charitable. Actually, like most people, I left because of problems with the doctrine and history of the LDS church."

In other words, assume she is trying to insult Mormons for being so offensive and defend Mormons as a nuisance you are trying to rise above and be patient with - like jock itch or something. Maybe then the tune will change.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.