Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 12:17PM

These bloody mormons drive me insane!

Where the hell do they dig up this intolerable arrogance, that enables them to talk like these self righteous know it all jerks!?

They do this condescending little little tone, and it makes me want to SCREAM!!

I have been out of this ffing cult since 1997!
For the love of the gods, give me some peace already!?
Why do I still get so blood-shot-eyes furiously hysterically maddened by it?

It makes me wish that English is my first language, so that I could come up with more words to express my frustration at these people.

Self righteous, arrogant, pompeous a.ssholes.
Unbef..kinglievable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 12:30PM

Just express it in your native tongue, in a sweet voice. They will assume you have the gift of tongues.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 07:58PM

You are doing JUST fine with your english swear words etc love. Add some in your own language and SPIT IT OUT - it is healthy.

My best to you!!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 08:02PM

Your last 7 or 8 words were just fine.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 09:12PM

Swear at them all you want behind their back but swearing at them to their faces will just increase their smug, self-righteous view of themselves as better than exmos. Laughing at them, like they are being ridiculous, really takes them down a peg. So does acting like their beliefs are no big deal. Their beliefs are, very often, the ONLY thing they have that makes them feel special so dismissing them as ordinary is intolerable to them.

Or, you could just tell them what you think of them in your native language - if they don't speak it, no matter what you say, you'll unnerve them and they'll probably think what you said was worse than what it really was.

Date: August 22, 2013 09:33AM

Well, actually, this rant was about language skills to begin with.

See, I am Dutch. and Obviously, I do speak a fair bit of English.
Not perfect by any means, but good enough.

a Dutch TBM fb friend who served her mission in the UK has this nasty habit of 'correcting' every and any little mistake that anybody makes. In ofcourse the typical mormon condescending manner.

She calls it: "I'm just giving tips on how to write better..I'm always looking for ways to improve myself, so I also want to help others improve.."

I have told her in a friendly manner, several times, that I don't like getting these 'tips'.. that it makes people feel bad and dumb when they get told off all the time, that every body can read 'through' a spelling mistake and that certainly NONE of my english speaking friends give a rat's bottom about my not always perfect English.

She kept doing it however.
And this last time she did it while I was in a bad mood already, and in a very 'I am so much smarter and better than you' way that it really got up my nose..

hence the rant...

(sorry)

I then responded to her on FB, in quite an annoyed manner that I had hoped she had understood by now that I was not interested in any of her TIPS, and could she please be finished now with her grammar and spelling policing!?

Guess what?

She defriended me!

*grin*

GOD what a relief!!
I tried to defriend her once before and she begged me to stay 'friends' because she admired my way of life so much and I had so much to teach her...

*eye roll*

So now..
no more sitting on my hands trying not to respond to her mormon posts. No more avoiding discussions, and NO MORE frustrating discussions with her brother in law who always came running to her rescue whenever she thought she was 'loosing an argument'
The BIL is a bishop mind you,
and his high and mighty tone is possibly even WORSE!!

And as you've all said, there's not talking to people like that.
it is only frustrating as hell...

So now she's gone and run off!
She must be like the holy ghost who also got scared off by my wicked pagan ways...

HAHAAAA!!

That's the last of the mormons on my facebook!
FREEEEEEEEEDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:14AM

Becca,

I bet my last dollar that she talks 'valley girl' language:

"I went" instead of "I said".

"She goes"
"I'm all"
"And like"

etc....

When her slate is clean, we'll let her throw some stones

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:48AM

For the record, your "spelling mistakes" are of the kind I see natives make all the time, so I would have had a hard time guessing you weren't a native english speaker anyway. Correcting those kind of things is stupid and anal retentive unless you are writing in a professional capacity and you need to be as perfect as possible.

Date: August 22, 2013 10:51AM

thank you.

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:57AM

Yes, that is a big problem with mormons.
They've been told all their life
to better themselves
+
to save all the world
=
Being a PITA for all around them

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 11:10AM

I've been watching some old George Carlin tapes on youtube and he is hilarious, especially with regard to religion and god. If any Mormons try to re-friend you on FB I'd download some of George Carlin's stand-up comedy on society, religion, god, etc. and they will drop you like a hot potato. And the added bonus will be that you might learn a few more juicy swear words!

Posted by: Zip ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 11:18AM

If you had not told me you were Dutch, I would have never have known. Your English is remarkable. How many Americans can even speak a foreign language, let alone speak it well?

And you are good at standing up for yourself in any language - you rant well!

God (or whomever*) bless you!

* "Whoever"? I'm not sure. I'm American and I'm not always sure of my OWN language.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.