Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 01:54PM

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a43899340/bra_over_garments?cpg=4&csi=2428145610&pd=3

"momofr&q
Posted 3 hrs ago
Sorry!!! I don't get on BBC every day.

She was talking talking to her mother and sister about nursing when it came up. She suggested that her sister wear hers under while nursing and her mom was appalled. Since my friend had a meeting with the bishop, she thought she would ask if there was any official word on what you should do. The bishop said yes and asked if she wears her garments appropriately he then said no because he basically told her she doesn't. She's not nursing but still wears her bra under. They talked about it for a few minutes and she left without a recommend.

I suggested via this thread that she call the temple. I didn't want her to get stuck at the stake president and assumed that he might feel the same way. Somebody from the temple (not sure who) called the bishop and got it sorted out. She has an appointment for Sunday morning and will meet with the stake later that afternoon.

So, I'm lot sure of the bishop was really overstepping the line by asking her, but he was clueless about the current options women have. Thanks everyone! I'm glad she wet straight to the temple and it got worked out. "
. .

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WakingUpVegas ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 02:25PM

That silly bishop! He just didn't know the rules changed. (I'm assuming she meant to say "I'm not sure the bishop was really overstepping the line..."

Asking a woman who isn't your wife or girlfriend about how she's wearing her underwear, then making her feel like crap for doing it "wrong"? If that's not overstepping the line, I don't know what is.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 02:26PM

I wondered if that might just be case of clueless guy who never even thought about it versus malicious jerk trying to make life difficult for his own ego trip. I'm glad it appears to be the former.

Posted by: anonny ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 02:46PM

Makes one wonder what else this bishop is clueless about. Clueless bishops can do a lot of damage to someone. Especially considering that a bishops main focus is supposed to be the youth.

What's he asking them that he has no business asking? How many kids are feeling worthless because of it? How many have no one to turn to and just take the guys word?

This is a huge problem with mormonism.

Posted by: excatholic ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 02:47PM

Good grief. Can you imagine any other scenario where an unrelated man would pull a power trip over how some woman wears her bra? How can anyone not know this is a cult?

Posted by: Grits ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 02:54PM

Ditto what excatholic said.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 06:21PM

It reminds me of that scene from Big Love where she says, "Bishop, are you asking me about my underwear?"

Posted by: Nevermo1 ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 06:34PM

Cult,there's no way we're a cult!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.