Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 03:18PM

It’s time for the August 24th EX/Post/Anti/Never-mormon party in Sacramento. 5:30 pm in bar, dinner in back left room.

Some of you confirmed to me weeks/months ago that you were going. Please reply here or email (twentyhundred12@aol.com) and say you are still in for me to finalize the Centro Cocina Mexicana restaurant reservation. I think we have 17 so far.

Still not too late to add more!

Last year our own Donna Banta brought her book. She is again published. This time in a Latter-Gay Saints Anthology. Her story is very good. She may bring some copies if you want one or you can get it on Amazon and bring it for her to sign.

Here's the link to Latter-Gay Saints http://www.amazon.com/Latter-Gay-Saints-Anthology-Mormon-Fiction/dp/1590212649/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376239892&sr=1-1&keywords=latter+gay+saints

Donna's story is entitled, "The Call." Page 88.

And Lawrence (Larry to us) Pratt will also be there. Ask about his book Dark Deception (also available on Amazon) of an evil mind control cult. It doesn’t use the word Mormon but it sure seems a lot like . . .

For those of you who have never attended:

There is no agenda and there are no speeches. Just Morg-bashing, eating, drinking and violations of the Word of Wisdumb. For newbies know that you don’t even have to use your real name. If you can’t think of a good fake name just use your temple name.

Try to be there at 5:30 PM in the bar or earlier. For dinner we will be in the back left corner room as usual.

Centro Cocina Mexicana
2730 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95816
Phone: 916-442-2552

http://www.paragarys.com/sacramento-restaurants/centro-cocina-mexicana/location/

Let me know if you need directions.

Jerry the Aspousetate Vaught

Twentyhundred12@aol.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 11:42AM

:( I will miss this!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 11:45AM

Have some whiskey for me.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 12:14PM

Posted by: Kimmers ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 04:48AM

I live in Sacramento and I want to add my name to the list for attending Sat. Aug. 24 at Centro. I'm new to this, and to the recovery board, but am looking forward to meeting everyone. Am I supposed to let anyone know I am coming? I have to admit I am a little nervous. Is that normal for the first time?

Date: August 21, 2013 03:40PM

I look forward to seeing you. I was pacing like a caged animal the first time I went to an exmo event. It was a conference in Las Vegas and I was so excited to know I was not the only exmormon. I couldn't wait to see a room full of us in the flesh!

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 01:07PM

I am going to try and attend! May not be able to, however. How great would it be to be able to meet Cheryl (and the rest)? I've been reading her stuff for a while and I've really liked it.
:-)

Date: August 22, 2013 04:34PM

Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:16PM

turned white. I am sure you have other stories to tell.

Pay Lay Alol

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 04:43PM

Hate that I will miss yet another one. I grew up in the area, and return a couple of times a year to visit with family and friends.

Posted by: JPTA ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 04:58PM

Bummer! I grew up in Elk Grove (84-94, age 8-18) and I stomped around Sacramento a lot. I would love to attend, but I am now in a different state. Have a great time! Drink up!

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 08:34PM

Im going to make every effort to be there. I went on a mission and was married in the temple and was ordained a HP and served in a bishopric. Just want to sit down at a meal with folks that understand.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 09:31PM

My wife and I will probably drop in for a couple drinks. Last year was great.

Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:00PM

Same here, will stop by to violate the wow.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.