Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dcgsage ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 09:22PM

Here it is, minus my personal info and church info at the top and name at the bottom:

Effective immediately, please accept my official resignation as member of the LDS Church. After years of questions and difficulties concerning the so called truthfulness of this church, even after much thought, research and prayer, I now believe this religion is not true, nor adds up to it's claims as the one and only true church on the planet. In fact, after having a particularly hard year, including a sickness that resulted in a near death experience back in February, it is my belief that no organized religion can lay claim to the statement of owning God's truths. Most religions, including Mormonism are founded on narcissism and grandiosity, written down in “scripture” based on the philosophies of man. Not only have I lost faith in the LDS scriptures, I also lost my belief in the bible. I believe all scriptures, while containing some good ideas and inspiration, they are mostly written by man in an effort to control man for gain and power.

I have spent most of my life in a semi active to totally in-active state, with my life filled with questions, concerns which have become too much to bear, not to mention a lifetime of added guilt of not being able to live up to a religion no one could live up to. Life is plenty to endure alone without added oppression and spiritual guilt. The God I have gotten to know, is NOT the crazy narcissist stated in scripture who claims to love us like a parent, then demand we worship him and perform cult like rituals said to be for our salvation and for those who are dead. It is my belief that such a God does not exist. The God I believe in is there for us and wants us to serve our fellow human being because we want to, not because we are asked to by a church and the only saving ordinance we need is to learn to love our fellow man and tend to the planet responsibly. Our life is his gift to us. God does not ask for control over our bodies and minds, what we wear, who we marry nor does he insist we follow a pre-written itinerary for life. Life is his gift to us and the good earth has gone through millions, if not billions of years of evolution, that we might have a place to dwell. He also does not require our 10% earnings by law, with promised blessings if we pay up, or punishments if we don't. We should give because we love and care not for blessings in return. I feel the LDS church is not wise nor transparent with tithes anyway. So I take my 10% (or 8% or 15%, whatever I can afford) and I give it directly to those I find in life who could use it.

This is not a severance of friendship, or else I also am guilty of not loving my fellow man. My home is open to you with love, but not for the purpose of church lessons, preaching or other church business. One day, my heart and mind will heal from the decades of hell I have endured belonging to the Mormon Church. God granted me a new faith....a new testimony. One I have never before had that I could call my own. I was always told who I am, what I should believe, where I came from and where I am going (depending....), why bad things happen to me and why good things happen to me.....a complete itinerary for life. God does not control humans like this. I was robbed of my own identity. I have hovered right outside the doors of the church long enough. I must now leave. Please remove my name from the records of the LDS Church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 09:27PM

This is truly lovely dcgsage. It is sincerely and beautifully expressed. I am TRULY glad for you that you have such a loving way abaout you, despite your suffering. I wish you and your family all the VERY best for your no-mo future.

Thankyou for sharing this very personal and very special piece of writing!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.