Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: m ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 11:01AM

me thinks his wife's hand is in the middle of his back pushing

this.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 11:16AM

...that Young was gay, which is why it took him so long to marry/find a beard. But one can't live in SF very long without liberalizing one's views on LGBT issues.

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 02:30AM

I'm not verifying that he is not gay (never heard those rumors), but I did have a good friend from youth that got pursued by SY in the early 90s while we were at YBU. She went out on the first date and she told me how awkward it was and how sophomoric he was, but doG I was hoping that they would get married and I would be set up for tickets.

Anyway after three dates I saw her and she told me the whole story regarding phone messages, general behavior, date behavior, etc., and he appears to have social retardation. She told me in the end that he would show up at her apartment and she would have roomates say she wasn't there. He would want to come in (roommates were willing because it is SY at YBU) and she would be stuck for HOURS. I think getting female attention had been too easy during his life that he never gained skills and when he found someone worth getting he had no idea how to go about it.

Or he's gay and just feigned the effort. IDK

Posted by: xnorth ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 11:38AM

I'm pretty sure he's not gay. He was in my ward when I was growing up. He'd be gone most of the year but was home every summer. He'd have a new girlfriend with him every year and it got a lot of attention, obviously. One of my good childhood friend's family is very close to him, they went to his temple sealing. Her dad manages his stocks. Anyway, point is, based on my interactions with him and others I know, if he's gay he's hiding it well.

Incidentally, he really is a nice guy. He was my brother's scout leader for awhile. All the boys worshipped him. It was kind of cute.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 11:24AM

That is pretty awesome that his wife put up a No on Prop 8 sign in their front yard in 2008. That was a real stand against the Church. I hope they make a difference in the thinking in the Church and people start to think for themselves rather than doing what they are told (commanded) to do.

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 02:13AM

Can you say "Mormon church/corp PR?"

FYI - Poor Stevie, being related to Breedum (creep) Young!!!!!

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 02:16AM

Did anyone see the 1994 Eagles Niners game?

I would be willing to pay to get video of the 1994 Eagles /Niners game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7--9bwIUIhQ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2013 02:22AM by lucky.

Posted by: Albinolamanite ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 02:31AM

My dad is a Steve young fanatic and your classic tbm homophobe. This is going to make his head explode. This is a big deal.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.