Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: oncewasblind ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 07:25PM

Here in New Zealand rugby global superstar Jonah Lomus wife Nadene Lomu commited adultery before she married Jonah. Her first marriage was with an RM guy in the temple. So some people here in NZ suspect shes not getting exed because her now husband is a rugby icon. Jonah is now a member blah blah blah I mean seriously you gotta wonder about who gets exed and who dosent. Stupid bullshit cult!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 08:03PM

I thought her first husband was a Catholic? And that she was inactive at the time she left him for Jonah.

Date: August 18, 2013 08:09PM

Nope first husband was an RM served in Wellington then married Nadene in the hamilton temple

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 09:58PM

Well, I think the rest of the world views this as the Rugby doGs setting things straight in the rugby world. Sure NZ did their thing and Richie mcCheats did his thing magnificently, no blame there. However, the machinations of Craig Joubert unquestionably handing the RWC 11 final to NZ requires that the Rugby doGs set thing right.

So what do the Rugby doGs do, they have the greatest NZ (and world) star in the last 25 years convert to a ridiculous cult (you wouldn't see this idiocy from a French player). Have him marry a gal that appears to be going for the unstable title. The Rugby doGs have not made it right, but it is a start.

Im not sure if your 22 yr. old fullback showing up naked at a bar and pummeling a 65 year old guy is part of evening the imbalance, but doesn't hurt.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS

Date: August 18, 2013 10:45PM

Yeah yeah blah blah at the end of the day we are the world champions and your Les Bleus are cry babies noe bow down and say Yes sir haha

Date: August 18, 2013 10:58PM

To the AB's I always bow down and say yes.....or really with them I bend over and say yes cause, well they are kinda......;-).

My problem is with C. Joubert. The rest of the world agrees with me except about 5 million weird talking folks somewhere near the earth's nether regions.

Good job against the crimms yesterday!

Posted by: IDRugger ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 12:41AM

Just remember Jesus can't play rugby because his dad will rig the game and he wears illegal headgear.

Date: August 19, 2013 01:38AM

That's a good point, but I heard Jesus wouldn't play because he felt the term Ruck was crude...idk.

ID Rugger are you still playing and who for?

Posted by: IDRugger ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 06:02AM

Nope, no teams in Minot ND. People look at ya funny doing punt drills by your self after school. On the last day of school last year I had the kids play a game of touch, they loved it.

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 01:03AM

So is this guy her second husband?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sunday-news/273082/Jonahs-walked-off-with-my-wife

ETA: on Jonah's wiki page, after the account of how they met, this claim is made:
"Jonah and Nadene are now married. In 2012 Lomu and his wife became members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

Looks like someone is trying to put NL'as prior membership down the memory hole. The account of their wedding mentions that they were married by their "bishop" so some deliberate scrubbing must be going on:
http://www.nzwomansweekly.co.nz/celebrity/jonah-lomu-love-healed-my-heart/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2013 01:11AM by spanner.

Date: August 19, 2013 01:31AM

It doesn't say, but she seems to be the type that could be on 3rd, 4th, etc. husband.

In the second link JL refers to her as a "one off lady." He'll probably find that is true and once this black widow can't find anything left in his accounts, she'll be on to Richie McCheats!

Poor Jonah and Poor NZ having their key star involved in an idiot cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2013 01:35AM by templeendumbed.

Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 01:38AM

I'm so embarrassed that this American crap has been exported overseas. That's my hang-up here...

Date: August 19, 2013 01:41AM

Shockingly enough, America has exported worse! Can you say School of the Americas, CIA coups. Far more peoples' lives have been ruined by this crap that churchco's. deception. Not saying churchco is not one of the worst things to happen, just wanted to add perspective.

Posted by: nevermoaz ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 01:42AM

I also wonder about that. I think I had mentioned before in another post that my exhusband and I were open. Well, one of my "friends" was/is LDS. I'm a Google nut (ties into my job), and he is in Emma and Joe's bloodline. He has been disfellowshipped for cheating on his wife (gee, wonder why), but not out and out ex'd.

I see Court of Love stories all the time here, and he said he specifically told the bishopric that he wouldn't stop and wouldn't apologize for it. That's a little blatant, isn't it? I would think excommunication would be appropriate for announcing he wouldn't follow the rules. But I think his family tree is preventing that.

That makes me wonder about the family members of Mormon royalty. Are there jacks and inactives who aren't "allowed" to resign because of the family name? Obviously Steve Benson is a big exception, but it does give pause

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 04:46AM

. . . Mormon Cult permission to do so. Personally speaking, it was a simple decision: Damn the demagogues; full speed ahead. To me, being "excommunicated" suggests that a believer is being kicked out of the Mormon Cult against their will. I was no longer a believer and wanted out on my own terms.

Besides, as has been demonstrated by the famous Norman Hancock case, it is unlawful for the Mormon Cult to force a member to remain in the ranks (through refusing to recognize their individual right to voluntarily resign), in order for the Mormon Cult to excommunicate them.
_____

Enter Hancock, a lifelong Mormon who decided he finally wanted out. Thanks to Hancock's determination (and putting it bluntly), his case knocked the Mormon Cult back on its abusive butt.

Hancock served notice of his membership resignation but the resignation was rejected and Hancock was summarily excommunicated by a clueless Cult court. The endgame played out with Hancock subsequently suing the Mormon Cult for multi-millions of dollars in damages, which got the Cult's attention real quick. The Cult melted like Jell-O in the hot sun and relented, thereby recognizing Hancock's inherent right to resign.

Here's a brief synopsis:

"'Excommunication of Non-Members, Norman Hancock'

"The case of Norman Hancock is an interesting one. It establishes firmly that churches cannot excommunicate members who leave during discipline, based on the Marian Guinn precedent. That once someone quits instantly their legal protections against libel and slander are restored. The state has no authority over the the disciplinary process within the church, but the person has no longer given their consent and this changes things.

"The case is standard. In 1985 the Mormon Church excommunicated Norman Hancock after he submitted a letter of resignation to the Church. Hancock filed an $18 million lawsuit against the Church, saying a person has a right to voluntarily resign from a church. The suit was settled out of court. Church representatives agreed to change the records such that there would no longer be any record of an 'excommuication'; the records would show that he resigned-- that is, he had asked his name be removed from the Church roll."

http://church-discipline.blogspot.com/2007/02/mormon-alliance-home-page.html

For the blow-by-blow details of Hancock's infuriating but ultimately successful case as described in a report authored by Lavina Fielding Anderson for the "The Mormon Alliance," see: http://mormon-alliance.org/casereports/volume3/part1/v3p1c05.htm

As another individual aside, one of the former Mormons who wrote in support of Hancock's right to resign his membership was John W. Fitzgerald, who was thrown out of the Mormon Cult in 1972 for his opposition to its ban on African-American males receiving the priesthood. He wrote:

"The guarantee voiced in the Constitution of freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion, also contains with it the concept of freedom from religion; that no individual or religious organization can coerce or force anyone to join or stay in any religious group against his or her will. . . .

"Norman L. Hancock’s suit against the LDS Church for possible defamation of character . . . was settled out-of-court when the Church agreed to drop him from membership without the taint of excommunication, which is very real in Mormon communities.

"[It is time for the Church to take] a long look at their policy on excommunication and their practice of ignoring requests of individuals to have their names removed from the rolls of their church.

"The LDS Church is a pseudo-democracy. It never claimed to be a democracy like the one we believe in, where secrets ballots are taken, and it is nobody’s business how one votes."

(John W. Fitzgerald, "Freedom from Religion," in "Salt Lake Tribune," 6 March 1985, p. A17)

John W. Fitzgerald (or Dr. Fitzgerald, as I knew him) was my principal at Morningside Elementary in Salt Lake, where I attended 3rd and 4th grade. I remember him being a strong, thoughtful man who played the violin beautifully and who, sadly enough, announced to all of us students assembled in the school cafeteria on November 22, 1963, that President John F. Kennedy had been assassinated.

At any rate, I personally phoned Hancock (who was living in Mesa, AZ at the time) to congratulate him for his courage and tenacity in standing down the Mormon Cult. He graciously and matter-of-factly accepted the compliment. What Hancock did in behalf of individuals seeking to sever their membership with the Mormon Cult was an absolutely amazing personal story; an historically ground-breaking event in the annals of LDS-inflicted bullying; and a stirringly significant reminder of what can be done to fight and win against tyrannical theological overreach.

Yo, Salt Lake: Beware the Storm of Norm!

:)

Edited 20 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2013 07:50AM by steve benson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.