Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 11:03PM

Do any of you know if the church keeps detailed permanent records or files (like the military 201 or Stasi files) on members? If so, have any of you actually seen one? What's in it? Names? Dates? Contacts? Pictures? Tapes? Transcripts? Videos?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: D. Lamb ( )
Date: January 29, 2011 11:55PM

I have never seen a file but my sister who lives in Bountiful UT, frequented the community facility where the bubble use to be. When she started her journey out of the church, it was when she had on going conversations there with a retired (forced to retire) philosophy professor from BYU. He told her all about the things we learn here on RFM. He has a habit of sharing taboo mormon history and doctrines with his students.

He told her about the KGB type organiztion of the mormon church. He explained how this element of the church spied on members and kept files on them. Further, he said they even came to his house to question him about his activities at BYU. He was made to tow the line. Unfortunately for him he still goes to church, even though he doesn't believe. Moreover, he works in the temple, but I imagine all this is so he can keep his retirement pension. He has to have a temple recommend or he loses all, this is my best guess.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: January 30, 2011 12:06AM

…they pay his pension ONLY so long as he is an obedient little sheeple?!

Posted by: D. Lamb ( )
Date: January 30, 2011 12:16AM

This is my guess. I can't for the world figure out why this guy would be a temple worker and go to church. It must have something to do with his retirement. I know members have to maintain a recommend to keep their church jobs. His retirement check comes from the sacred church coffers so his apostacy could jeopardize that.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: January 30, 2011 12:29AM

CULT!

Posted by: topping ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 11:16AM

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 12:57PM

this is what they do with other contractors, sub contractors, etc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.