Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: heretic ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 02:22PM

Attended the Seattle Seahawk/Denver Bronco preseason game last Saturday night.
I spent a couple hours, pre-game, walking around the stadium just watching & observing
the different types of people, the vendors, etc.

There were approximately a dozen bible believers holding vertical signs
with large black on yellow wording saying things like, "Jesus Is The Only Way To Salvation."
I struck up a conversation with one of them that eventually led to me asking him
whether he thought God would actually command the murder of infants, which it tells about in the Old Testament.
He said he didn't remember reading any such story from the Old Testament to which I asked,
"Well, for the sake of argument, let's say I'm accurate & it actually is in the Old Testament.
Would you say there would ever be a situation in which God would be justified in ordering the killing of infants?"
He skirted the issue refusing to answer it. I then asked if he had ever read, "The Skeptics Annotated Bible?"
It has a lot of interesting things, straight from the Bible, that he might find helpful in his study of the Bible.
He replied no and that he wouldn't, if it contained things like I just brought to his attention,
all he needed was the Bible itself.

I guess other religions, besides Mormonism, also have their own "Thought Terminating Cliches" as well
(i.e."...God’s ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts (Isaiah 55:9; Romans 11:33-36)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2013 02:29PM by heretic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 02:38PM

I would love to someday go stand with the sign people and hold up Ezekial 23:20

http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/23-20.htm

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 03:23PM

What you do is you get tickets to a baseball game, for right behind home plate, then hold up a placard that says that scripture.

And wow, there is a big difference between different versions of the bible on that scripture, with the good old King James trying to turn genitals into flesh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2013 03:25PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: Happy Hare Krishna ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:13AM

Yeah, GOD'S ways are higher than our ways - the actual God's ways, not the ways we created which we then claim or pretend to be the true ways of God ...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.