Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 09:02PM

Yesterday I dropped off my temple clothes at my VT home. I used to go once a week to the temple. It felt odd to give something away that I used to believe in so much. Many times I worry about small things and the temple brought me peace. For those 2 hours once a week I was glued to the movie and enjoyed it (I was only concerned about putting the robe on fast and the slippers.. I didn't want to be the last one).
At the veil English is my second languish sometimes I had to repeat the word "melchizedek" up the 4 times while the temple worker got upset that it got worse every time she made me repeat it till the veil worker finally let me in. I remember sitting in the Celestial Room thinking I will have problems getting into heaven because I can't pronounce the word "melchizedek". I came home after the temple session and googled it and watched temple movie online and repeated at least 100 times "melchizedek" melchizedek.
Now I am happy to say the last time I went to the temple I said the word melchizedek perfect! That time I messed up veil and wale. My husband TBM walked in on me watching the temple movie online and was upset at me until I told him I needed to improve my English so that I don't upset the veil worker again.
Anyways as I was dropping of the clothes I was mourning the peace I had felt at the temple but also a joy that I didn't have to worry anymore if my thick accent will keep me out of heaven.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 11:23PM

So you're still a believing and observant Mormon! Glad to have you on this board. Most of the people here have either left the LDS church, are leaving it, or are thinking about it. However you found us, and for whatever reason you decided to post, you're welcome here.

Quite a few people posting here express themselves in harsh, even hostile, ways. They have been hurt by the Mormon church, but remember that is their individual experiences. You will find a wide variety of religious beliefs, but the atheists tend to be a bit more loud.

Be sure to check out related sites to this discussion forum. The main page is:

http://exmormon.org/d6/drupal/

And a page with a lot of testimonies is:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/list.php?3

This is a Christian site dealing with Mormonism which you may find helpful:

http://www.utahchristianpub.org/articles/

Keep reading!

Date: August 21, 2013 11:35PM

Thank you! DH and I have resigned from the church last month. Giving away my temple clothes was necessary for me one more reminder of the fraud is gone.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 12:16AM

I kept mine. Nobody would believe me!

I currently keep the apron in a kitchen drawer along with the other aprons and the OvGloves

Posted by: queenb ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 01:50AM

I have no effing clue what to do with my temple dress.. I thought maybe I could sell it? ha. I do live utah, so maybe. I just threw the rest of the ensemble into the trash though.

Posted by: tmac ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:09AM

Good for you for getting rid of them in that way. Very bold! Has the love bombing stopped yet?

I still have mine. I'm keeping them to show my kids when they are older so they know the truth. I'm also keeping all my old LDS books so that if changes are made, I will have physical proof of the changes. I do need to box them up though. I don't even enough room on my bookshelves as it is.

Date: August 22, 2013 11:54AM

No, we still are getting love bombed. This time X and y kids really missis our kids. lol the kids haven't played together in over 6 months but now all of a sudden they miss each other.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.