Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 10:45PM

What has been the reaction of your non-Mormon friends on Facebook when your TBM friends/family post crazy Mormon stuff on it? I'm thinking in particular of the posts here by jonathantech.

TBM's go awol on the poor guy, bashing him for sharing some reasonable articles about Mormonism on his FB page about Mormonism acting like insane, brainwashed cult members.

What do the non-member friends think of this stuff? Do they say anything and/or defend the poor guy? Do they ever point out how crazy the Mormons sounding?

It seems like FB would be a good way to keep the Mormons in check if there are also non-Mormons on there seeing all that meat before milk crap. And it seems like there should be some interesting discussions between the Mormons and non-Mormons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jonathantech ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 10:51PM

Here's a sample from one of my non-Mormon friends from college. I went to college at Neumont university in South Jordan Utah. His quotes are from one of uncle M's comments (he had a lot to say)

-----------

Just had to comment on how much of a controlling, guilt tripping jerk both what appears to be your mother and uncle are.  Sorry you have to live with that :(  Stay strong and go with what YOU believe as that will ultimately decide how your life is led.

I wanted to make these two statements because I have no fb account to mess with them there:

"If I placed my faith in what a man has dug up and I'm sure 'found proof' who am I relying on?"

Isn't that how the gold tablets and the magic glasses came about?

"I am still married to my ex wife (sealed in the temple) Did you know that you can have more than one wife sealed to you? Does that make me a polygamist? Or just an unlucky guy that had a bad go on the first try? "

Yes, that is still polygamy.  Yes, it makes you a polygamist for believing that.  No, you are not an unlucky guy, you are just a jerk who is trying to convince (make himself fell better) of a lie.

PS, Shawn sounds just as pathetic now as he did at Neumont.  Glad to see nothing has changed there.

Posted by: jonathantech ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 02:04PM

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 08:15PM

I was just thinking. For those of you stuck with crazy ass postings by Mormons you should try and befriend as many non-Mormons as you can. Then you can have a lot of non-Mormons be an equalizer on some of these posts. Mormons tend to tone their craziness when they know never-Mos are listening.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.