Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 11:19PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 11:24PM

I'm quite sure Muhammed existed for many reasons but the biggest being how Muslims/Arabs are hooked on genealogy (sounds familiar huh?). There are modern day descendants of Muhammed, with the King of Jordan being one.

Plus, if you read the Koran (and I did through Religious Studies courses in college), they named tribes of Arab Jews (not an oxymoron) and Christian tribes that were idolaters before he created Islam to--surprise--get booty (and I'm not just talking about stolen loot).

The Koran is just too real for someone to make up. One story that stuck out was about how the Meccans got tired of Muhammed, after inviting him and allowing him the courtesy of preaching his new religion, and while he prayed, one Meccan threw the innards of a pig on him. That's just too good to be fabricated. (Note: Muhammed ordered that person to be beheaded. Note 2: like Joe, Muhammed had a thing for underage girls, marrying a 9-year-old named Aisha.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2013 11:27PM by newcomer.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 11:48PM

He most certainly existed. I even went to a museum in Istanbul where I saw on display (if my memory is correct) supposed articles of Muhammad such as his beard and his clothing. He's more recent than the prophets of the Bible so its much easier to verify. He's a historical figure just like Joseph Smith. Doesn't mean any of these guys are prophets though.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 11:55PM

I have visited San Pietro in Vincoli on more than one occasion. It happens to the home of one of Michelangelo's most unappreciated works and the final resting place of Peter's shackles. Those chains are most assuredly Peter's, no one would fake a religious artifact.

BTW it is a very beautiful building.

Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 11:57PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2013 11:58PM by David Jason.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 11:59PM

Not saying they weren't, I'm just calling into question the items offered as proof.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 12:02AM

as much as I hate to say it .... There is evidence that he existed.

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:09AM

mudhammad ($hit be upon him)? Ya, we've got THAT psychotic paedophile who talked to satan in the cave for today's present mess.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.