Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: samuellflyinghorse ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:36AM

canada vancouver bc alumni here, oct 86 - oct 88.
At the time I was jrComp somewhere in northVan, or out on theIsland.
But one of the ward sisters, late 50s at the time was reActivated somehow into the church, she was vocal about her callings and sat w/ us in what was early sunday morning meetings w/ bishops and other ward leaders.
I didn't give it much thought though at the time, but theMission was due to be visited by a couple of GAs at that time and sister Eve was somehow going to meet in private w/ 1 GA, I'm thinking it was Monson, and somehow receive a special blessing.
I don't recall details because I grew sick of hearing her talk for months and months speculating on what HF was going to say to her through one of the Lards mouth pieces, she'd invite us to dinner and talk of her upcoming blessing, she'd call us mishies and talk.... she'd answer her phone during dinner and speculate....
By time this event rolled around and happened I got transfered way out north to some small native community, bella bella. And had to settle for GA scott talking on the phone w/ me and my comp each in private.
Did any of you, tbms at the time, witness such things?
Oh... I'm reactive again, I've repented and look what I'm doing and...*gasp!!* a local event is happening and a GA or even the top 3 will visit and guess what? I get to meet in private and get a special blessing!!
*puke*
juss wonderin'.
lovz, Sam!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:52AM

Posted by: Saucie ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 11:31AM

What Cheryl said ..... how did you stand it?

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 11:37AM

Celebrity status for the GA and anyone he touches/blesses. That's how they roll.

Posted by: X'd @ 10 ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 12:12PM

Sounds like a former relative of mine.

Posted by: BG ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 12:52PM

One thing I learned even as a very young child in the church

Avoid women who need "Special Blessings" like the plague. They were all high maintanance, nut cases.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 02:07PM

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 02:17PM

Posted by: george ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 03:15PM

I know a sister who just got a special blessing. Her sister-in-law was marrying her female companion of many years. The sister's husband wanted to be there for her with his family. The sister was opposed and let the poor man go alone, not even his son was able to go. The sister felt her bishop would give direction since her husband was obviously not listening to his priesthood voice. Yea, those darn sisters, family is second to the church's policy you know...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 03:16PM by george.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.