Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: luge ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 03:54PM

Seriously, we possibly would have made different choices if we just had NOT listened to our "Leaders" (bishop) and NOT "listened" to the "Spirit". Now we are getting screwed over doing "what we were supposed to do" or what we "felt" was right.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 04:02PM

You're right. But, luckily, there are do-overs in this life!

;o)

Date: August 22, 2013 04:23PM

True..but getting in a better frame of mind and a different situation is not so easy. I am frustrated.

Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 04:33PM

It's OK to be angry, and feel the emotions you're feeling. We've all felt them at some point.

The church took away my real family, my mental health, and my childhood. I live everyday knowing that if the church wasn't around, my life would be astronomically better.

Shannon is right. If you're an adult, you can remove the church ffom your life and begin to heal. But, you have to recognize that you're hurt first.

Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 04:30PM

Be mad!!!! Yell it from the room tops!!! make better, happier choices with your new found freedom!!!

You are in control of your life and you can't do worse then the crap for brains 15.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 04:37PM

I married someone gay almost 29 years ago (September 1st) because the leaders told me it was my job to save him.

Nowadays--I'm living with my ex and my boyfriend--the "love of my life" that I let go when I was 20. My boyfriend just bought a house and we'll be moving in a week from today. I'll actually be splitting my time at my house and his. He just got a job here 6 months ago. My ex and I are best friends. I'm also friends with 2 of his past partners/boyfriends. We even travel together.

You can take back control. There are still dreams to be had.

Posted by: DishyDoodle ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 04:45PM

Hey cl2, congrats on your bf buying the new house and the move! I have enjoyed reading your posts over the past few months I've been here. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 04:45PM by healyourpast.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 04:49PM

Ditto.

Posted by: DishyDoodle ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 04:41PM

I hear ya Luge!

A friend followed the spirit and adopted a child that threatens to kill her and has terrorized her other kids.

My sister committed suicide because her Bishop ignored her desperation and counseled her to stay with a cheating, lying, financially irresponsible husband.

Another friend, married the most abusive turd in the history of abusive turds, because when she had doubts about marrying this guy she received a blessing stating that the lord would make clear why she was to marry him. So... I guess the lord is a boxing fan and enjoys seeing women smacked around? Hmm

Date: August 22, 2013 05:11PM

DH took a "non-permanent" job on the basis that the "Spirit confirmed" and is turning out to be a disaster. I am ready to break. Sorry for the negativity.

Thank you all..nice to know we aren't alone. Rather just cry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.